Monday, September 29, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, Rach, Josh, Michael & Andrew, 

Thank you so much for all your wonderful emails! I feel bad I don't always to get to respond to them, I always go through and read each one of them, and then email you. Know that it means the world to me to hear from you! :) Oh. My. Goodness! Little Dave Jr. is the most darling little guy! I can't wait to meet him! Tell Aunt Janna and Uncle Dave congratulations for me. :) He looks like a little angel! It was so fun to see the pictures of you guys Skype-ing with Rachel, it was fun to see her cute face on the screen. Rachel, I'm so proud of you for how in tune you are with the spirit. I'll being praying for you as your searching for an answer about serving a mission- As I was watching the general women's meeting- When Linda K. Burton was speaking- she reminded me of Rachel! Rachel, I could totally see you in the General Young Women, or Relief Society board. I'm excited to see what great things you go on to do. Mom, I'm so proud of you with all your doing in the relief society, I'm sorry I've caused you to worry- Don't worry about me, I've got a great companion taking care of me, and I'm getting wonderful medical care. ;) Things are already going much better. Dad, thank you so much for your email this week, it brought me so much peace, you are so in tune with the spirit, this week- at lunch I was reading in Doctrine & Covenants and I came across that verse. Another that stood out to me was in Doctrine and Covenants 118: 3 

 3 Let the residue continue to preach from that hour, and if they will do this in all lowliness of heart, in meekness and humility, and long-suffering, I, the Lord, give unto them a promise that I will provide for their families; and an effectual door shall be opened for them, from henceforth.

It's always been so comforting in my patriarchal blessing it talks about how the needs will always be met for me and my family. Dad, I'm so excited for you with this new business- I think your going to see great success. I love you all, and I'm praying for each one of you. <3 

Thank you so much for your prayers in my behalf this week- I felt them in so many instances this week. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me this week. I really feel he's given me these trials and challenges to help  me learn to rely on him, and to help me gain a stronger testimony of the atonement these last few months. I've been blessed in the fact that a good portion of the medical help I've received is covered by our insurance and mission medical. I really feel that now that I've figured these things out about myself, It's going to bless me so much in the long run. 

~ My new companion Sister Larsen is such a sweetheart. She's from South Jordan, Utah. She just graduated from Snow College with an associates of science, and she loved snow college! She's been out on her mission for 6 months, and she just came from the Boons in Washington- Coalville- so she came prepared for Plummer :) She is very hard working, and I'm so glad to have her here with me! 

Heavenly Father answered so many of our prayers this week. We'd been praying that Bry would gain a testimony of the book of Mormon & find comfort in it's pages. As we met with her on Wednesday we taught the Plan of Salvation- and her "Adopted" Mom Dawn joined in for the lesson- That was a miracle in itself! :) Bry has lost many people in her life, she had a friend who's brother was in a gang, and while she was walking with that friend- her friend was shot in the head. She also lost her Grandmother, who practically raised her. So many people she loves that she's lost. As we taught about the Resurrection and talked about how she will see them again, tears came to her eyes. The next night we followed up on her reading, and she said she couldn't sleep the night before because she found out one of her best friends has a terminal illness- and so she picked up the Book of Mormon, and read clear from 1 Nephi 4- to Mosiah 3, she shared many verses that had touched her, and she explained that as she read she'd felt warmth, love and peace. Fruits of the spirit! We taught her the Word of Wisdom, it was one of the most powerful lessons I've taught. We shared 1 Corinthians 6:19-20- one of my favorites. She said- yes this all makes sense, God wants me to take care of myself. She drinks Coffee, but said she had no problem- she'd give it up. The next night we again followed up on her reading- she'd read all the way to Alma 4! She explained that she loved how close she felt to God as she reads. <3 Bry loves her Savior and Heavenly Father. Everything has a familiar ring to her, she loves the gospel. <3 She even fasted for strength to live the gospel this week. She's still planning to be baptized on October 19th. I'm so excited for her. I love that girl! 

 Linda was just confirmed yesterday, and we just started the new member lessons with her. She's the most tender hearted woman- she made a little bag of Soaps and Lotions to give to everyone that helped at her baptism, and she is so excited to prepare for the temple! We are hoping to get her to the temple for baptisms for the dead when it re-opens in a few weeks. We're starting to work with the Daniels family who has two children who are ready to be baptized. We've been working to serve them this week- helped them with cleaning, baked them cookies, and have been able to begin teaching them. There are so many part member families whose children are of age to be baptized- 9 year olds. So we are hoping to work with these families and help bring them to baptism together. We also have met so many potentials one of my favorite parts of a mission- is all of the incredible people you get to meet.  

Another miracle, I had just broken down in tears this week- Since I'm still fairly new to the area, it's been a little hard adjusting- we finally got  a good map- such a blessing. Also, going to my doctors appointments and such. I prayed and told Heavenly Father how sorry I felt about all my weakness and inadequacy. As President Utchdorf spoke,  he said, "Heavenly Father is aware of all that you are doing, he wants you to know he loves you, and he is proud of you." I felt like they weren't just his words, but my Heavenly Fathers. <3 I know those men are truly called of God, and speak for him. I'm grateful to be able to take my questions into conference again. 

I love all of you so much, and hope you have a wonderful week! 

Much Love, Sister Sarah Clark 

P.S. pictures to be coming next week. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment