Monday, October 6, 2014

Hey There Everyone! 

I was so glad to hear you had such a wonderful week! Bowling, Seeing you with the cute Layton Family, and Getting to see Aunt Nanette and Uncle John. What a fun week! :) Mom, I'm so glad the card was able to make it there, and my package as well. Sister Laprath was such a sweetheart to do that for me. Thanks for sharing your experiences from conference with me, you all received so much great revelation. Thank you so much for all your prayers in my behalf and of the people we're teaching, I've really felt them this week. 

Laugh of the week: as we were trying to watch conference at our branch building, we weren't getting internet connection, so Sister Tysz brought it up on her phone, and we all had a good laugh as the 10 of us gathered around the little iPhone, oh great times. :) (Picture Below)

This week Heavenly Father blessed us so much! We've been teaching Linda the new member lessons, and as we taught about temples, her husband Lloyd sat in with us. He was sitting in his recliner dozing off a little, but as we taught, some parts struck him, and he'd open his eyes. I think he was listening the whole time. He's German, and a Veteran, so we don't want to push him, but we really feel his heart is opening. The next day the Rockwood's visited them, and Lloyd asked them several questions about the temple! :) He was listening! Then on Thursday we were able to have the Wood's come over to their home with us, and Brother Wood is a Veteran as well and a convert, so they really hit it off! That was a miracle in and of itself. As Brother Wood bore his testimony of how learning about this plan changed his life, you could tell Lloyd was really taking it in. They invited them to come sit with him at church, so we think Lloyd might come! :) As we followed up last night with Linda about her experience watching conference, she said Lloyd had been asking all sorts of Questions, great soul searching questions. He thought Joseph Smith had written the Book of Mormon himself, and Linda had explained that Joseph had been led to the plates and translated them by the power of God. We were so proud of her. That opened the door for us to teach him more about the Book of Mormon. We are so excited, I wouldn't be surprised it Lloyd gets baptized soon here. :) 

Talk about the most powerful 8 hours I've ever experienced this last weekend for conference. I felt the spirit all throughout, those men and women are called of God. 

This week I was pondering the answers I have received from conferences in the past. Last year at Utah State, I had prayed repeatedly that I could become the person Heavenly Father wanted me to be, I prayed to know what I could do to one day become a good Mother. Then as conference came and the announcement was made of the mission age change, I knew this was the answer to my year of prayer. Then with this April conference, As I went in with the question- How I wanted to gain more confidence?  The answer that I needed to focus on the Book of Mormon, that as I felt his love each day, I couldn't deny it. These answers have completely changed my life. <3 

This conference I went in with several questions- one being how can we help our members be more excited about missionary work? I received the answer that we need to help them deepen their own conversion. Each time we visit, we're going to ask, how has Heavenly Father answered your prayers this week? and What have you been learning in the scriptures? It's incredible that that's what truly converts us, those daily habits. 

This week, we've taken the Ammon approach with our members. We've been able to serve, we helped our Primary President with her 3 weeks of piled up laundry. Bless her heart, she works full time, and takes care of her Mother in law that suffers from Dementia. Then we were able to help Sister Taylor take down her garden. I really feel as we gain their trust, they will trust us to help them share the gospel with their friends. I'm excited to see what miracles take place. <3 

This week, I've learned so much- There's a wonderful talk called "The Fourth Missionary" and it talks about how we offer our will to Heavenly Father he can change us. 

"Just Give it up. Surrender your will to him. Unconditionally. Withhold Nothing. Turn it all over to him; All of your desires, wishes dreams and hopes. Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behavior. Trust him. Trust him who knows all things. Trust Him who has all power. Trust him whose love for you is perfect. Trust Him, who alone suffered, paid and atoned for your sins, and for your weakenesses as well. Trust HIm that he will make of you, immeasurably more than you will ever, ever in eternity make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God." 

That really struck me, throughout my mission it took me some time to fully give him my heart. As my mission has gone on, I've prayed each day to become more consecrated. In turn he's given me a new heart, which I'm so thankful for. <3 I'm so grateful the gospel is a gospel of change. 

I'm so thankful for each one of you, for your love, for your support, For all you do! 

I hope you have a wonderful week! 

Much Love, Sister Sarah Clark

Picture Captions: 

00804- Us with cute Sister Clark- She showed us her hand made quilts after our lesson.
00810- Watching conference iPhone style haha. 
00812- Sister Larsen and I. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment