Monday, September 22, 2014

Hey Everyone!

Thanks so much for the emails, It was great to hear from all of you! Thanks for all the updates. Sounds like you had a great time at the Ogden temple dedication, I can't wait to see it when I get back. It looks breath-taking, I like this new model much better than the old. It was fun to see the cute picture of Andrew in preschool and with Hazel, oh it's so fun to watch everyone grow up. :) I'm sorry to hear Michael was sick- glad to hear he's doing better now. I'm glad to hear Rachel had so much fun this week- I'm glad to hear she's making so many great friends at Snow College. :) I'm so excited for Aunt Janna! I can't believe she's having this baby! She'll be such a cute Mom. 

We got transfer calls last night- and found out that Sister Ridge is heading to Lincoln Heights in South Spokane, and I'm staying in Plummer. My new companion will be  Sister Larsen. I'm sure going to miss Sister Ridge, this was definitely one of the greatest transfers of my mission. I sure love her. I'm looking forward to meeting Sister Larsen 

Well, this week has been such a great one! We had Linda's baptism yesterday, and it was such an incredible experience. I think it was a spiritual experience for everyone that was able to attend. We've been teaching this sweet girl named Bry- (Bree) we met her two weeks ago on the street, and she is so excited to get baptized. She came to all 3 hours of church, and then we had invited her to the baptism as well- we explained that we completely understood it would be a long day, and if she wanted to go home we understood. She said,"Well, I'm excited I want to see what a baptism is like!" She came with us, and afterward asked, "So when's the soonest I can get baptized?" We explained to her that she needs to begin living the word of wisdom, and come to church for three weeks. She's still looking forward to being baptized on October 19th. :) She's incredible she has so much faith.



Linda is one of the strongest women I've ever met. She was really going through a hard time- she really wanted her husband Lloyd to come- he even sat in on a few lessons this week- but he didn't want to come to her baptism. At church in gospel principles- she shared her experience, she said, "As I was talking with him I started  crying telling him I'd miss him. As I walked toward the door, I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, but saw no one. I felt a warmth and comfort that everything would be okay. I think it must have been the holy ghost." As she told this story the spirit touched my heart. After she was baptized, Sister Ridge and I gave her a hug, she said, "I feel like a weight has just been lifted off my shoulders, I feel so much love."

I love the scripture in Mosiah 5:7  

7 And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters.

As we make those promises at baptism, we are literally spiritually reborn. 

 Linda- she was so prepared. It was such a special experience. I know Heavenly Father was so proud of her. Sister Ridge and I were able to teach the Restoration for the presentation in the middle, & the spirit was very present, after I spoke I couldn't remember exactly what I'd said. I'm so grateful for the spirit in this work. Without him, I know we couldn't do this work. 

I don't have a lot of time to email today- but I sure love all of you and hope you have a wonderful week! <3 Thanks for all you do! I love all of you so much! 

Much Love, Sister Sarah Clark

Captions 2212- the cute dinner Sister Lowe made us :) 
2161- Exercise in the Morning! Around the Couer D'alene trail. :) 
 2235- Us with Bry :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment