Monday, September 8, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

It was so good to hear from all of you! Thanks so much for your emails. :) Thanks for the fun pictures Mom, I especially loved the stories about Andrew this week- I can't believe he's talking so fluently now. So Michael went to his first dance? Michael, I bet all the girls just love you, you are such a sweet, caring thoughtful kid. Josh, I can't wait to hear you play the guitar when I get back- you'll have to teach me how to play! Dad, you have so much faith- I was talking to the Rockwood's, Elder Rockwood gave me a blessing before my Doctor's appointment, and he mentioned that when their son went on a mission he'd lost his job, and that he had been very discouraged, he said he learned so much at that time. He said, things will pan out, I did find a job, and now  they are very well off. It was touching to hear his story. Dad, I know you are going to be so proud of yourself for staying strong and keeping your faith in Heavenly Father. I know he loves you, and he does have a plan for you. Mom, thanks so much for sharing your stories and experiences with me. I love that you are praying to know who you can help each day- I know you're blessing so many lives. 

Well, It's been a week of miracles! We've been teaching Linda, (I mentioned her a few emails ago) She went to church 40 years ago- for two years- yet she was never baptized. She is in her early 60's and she's the cutest lady. She's so sweet, we went over this week to help her can peaches. She came to church for the first time this week. During Sacrament meeting she had a glow around her, and as the sacrament was being passed, she bowed her head and was praying in gratitude. She already knows so many members in the branch and has so many friends. At the end of the meeting she said, "It just feels like coming home." We felt prompted to go visit her a few hours after church, we decided to call. We'd both been fasting that we could help someone make it to the waters of  baptism before the transfer was over. We called her, and she said she wasn't feeling up to a visit, but then started talking about how her friend Genevieve Clark (Cute little 80 year old Lady, who talks very loudly because her hearing aides don't work well) said, "Oh, Linda's already been baptized!"  Linda said, "Oh, actually I haven't yet." Sister Clark said, "Well, I'll have to fix that for you! :)" As Linda told us this story, we all laughed together. Then Linda said, "Well girls, how do you schedule a baptism for adults?" we excitedly invited her to be baptized on September 21st, the spirit confirmed that that was the day. That's two weeks away! We talked with her about Heavenly Father's law of Health that she needs to live for two weeks before she can get baptized, she told us the only thing she'll have to work on is giving up coffee. We know she can do it! She's incredible- talk about golden. :) I sure love her! She's one of the kindest people I've met! 

Other Miracles this week- We've been teaching the sweet Lamanite children this week. Ashlynn and Cadence, and we tuaght them about the Gospel, and talked about how it's Heavenly Father's recipe for Happiness. At the end of our lesson, Cadence prayed, "Heavenly Father, I believe in you. I sure love you, and I miss you!" It was such a sweet heart felt prayer. After church on Sunday we asked the girls what they had learned and Cadence said, "I love it, because I got to learn about my father!" So tender. 

We got a referral this week, to go visit a guy that missionaries had talked to outside of the Spokane Temple, and he was asking how he could get inside. His name is Jay Abraham, he hasn't been home yet, but I can't wait to meet him! :) 

This week I have really been focusing on trying to listen more intently to the spirit. After Sister Ridge and I pray, we wait there for a moment for the spirit to speak to us. I know as we take time to listen, we will more readily be receptive to the guidance Heavenly Father wants to give us. Heavenly Father truly gives us everything, and I know that as we set apart time to talk with him, he's so grateful to get to talk to us. I love the Hymn "Be Still My Soul" 

 Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.


I know that as we take time to be still, Heavenly Father will more abundantly pour out his spirit upon us. 

I love all of you so much! As Jeffrey R. Holland says, "Above all else always never forget how much your father in Heaven Loves you more than you can comprehend." I'm so grateful he looks out for us each day. I love you all so much! I'm so grateful for each one of you. You have all made such a huge impact on my life, I hope you know that. 

Hope you have a great week! 

Much Love, Sister Sarah Clark

P.S. This week I'll do better at taking pictures- you'll get some next week. ;) Promise

Picture Captions

1958- Flashback- There's a picture of the Rockwood's on the left- We just love them! Having a senior couple is the best! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment