Monday, September 15, 2014

Hola Mi Familia! 

It was so fun reading your emails this week! I am so grateful to have the most wonderful family in the world! :) Mom, thank you so much for the cute package! You are so sweet! I'm going to take pictures with it, and send them to you next week. ;) Thanks for the chocolate, and the SD card- I'm excited to watch those video's! That was so thoughtful of you. You know me well- those are all of my favorite things. ;) Oh, it was so fun seeing cute Prego aunt Janna, and Justin with his little daughter. Jen looks like she's having a good time on her mission, and it looks like you guys had a fun week! :) I loved the story about Andrew in the theater, that gave me a good laugh. :) Oh, I love that little guy. I love all of you guys! 

Well, funny story of the week- we were teaching a man named Jay he sounded like a golden referral. The Elders called us and said they'd met him outside the temple, & he wanted to know what he had to do to get inside. We were so excited. Well, we met him, he's about in his 40's. As we talked him seemed a little slower. As the lesson went on we talked about Joseph Smith, and we checked for understanding and asked who he thought Joseph Smith saw. He said, "Well, Joseph- you know.. He saw me. He saw me Walking down the street. Then there were lots of animals talking. Then he started skipping." then he said, "Uh, I don't know. Who did Joseph see?" We then determined that he may have been on drugs. Oh dear. Elders! Haha. Then he gave us nick names as he prayed, oh, it was funny :] Being a missionary- there is never a dull moment. Other fun things we got to do this week, we painted Betty Lou Wyatt's wall- a part member family, and had a great lesson with her non-member husband Mr. Wyatt. They live on a gorgeous ranch. We had a fun Pancake lunch at the Rockwood's home after District meeting. Then went for a hike today Tubs Hill. It was a fun week. 

Well, it's official! Linda is getting baptized on Sunday! :) We are so excited for her, she is so ready! :) She was pre-seasoned before we even met her. She loves the gospel, and she can't wait to be baptized. We brought over the baptismal clothes the other day, and they fit perfectly. She's been reading the Book of Mormon every day, and she's invited almost half the town to her baptism. We've had some incredible spiritual experiences with her. As we taught her about the commandments, she had a testimony of each one of them, and was willing to live them. She's stayed strong with the word of wisdom- thank you for all of your prayers in her behalf and ours. Brother Rockwood taught an incredible lesson about the Holy Ghost on Sunday and talked about the importance of Baptism before confirmation. He talked about how as we repent and prepare to make covenants we make ourselves clean vessels, that the Holy Ghost can then dwell within. That is why in the prayer it is so important that it is worded. "Receive the Holy Ghost." We prepare ourselves to receive him. We live in a way that we invite him. I'm so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost- even through the most trying times, I feel his warmth in my heart, and it's divine assurance that I'm doing what the Lord wants me to be doing. 

This week I've really gained a testimony that the atonement enables us to break past the natural man limitations we have in our minds. I love the quote Dad wrote in my last weeks email. "Faith is a principle of power whereby natural forces may be conditioned and controlled." from Jesus the Christ. That has really stuck with me. I've tried to push myself to be even more obedient, more consecrated in my thoughts, and actions. I know that as we push ourselves a little more, and raise the bar for ourselves we can come to see what we are truly capable of. I know that the atonement enables us to see what we are truly capable of. 

I love you all so much! 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Love, Sister Sarah Clark 





No comments:

Post a Comment