Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

I had the opportunity to go to the temple today, it was so wonderful! The only challenge being our ride is coming soon, (it takes about 2 hours to get back to Moscow) So I don't have much time to write, but I'll do my best. :) 
Thanks so much for all your emails, I always love hearing from each one of you! I love you all so much, it always brings a smile to my face to hear from you. :) I'm so glad to hear Dad had such a great birthday, and how incredible that Mom and Rachel got to meet Sister Dalton! Thanks for sharing your notes from the meeting, she is such an incredible woman! Mom, that's so awesome you're working on the Book of Mormon challenge, I agree it really does give you a different perspective. I've loved it! It sounds like you guys have had a great week! 

Well, this week has been wonderful! I have to say working with college students has been such an incredible experience! They are searching out truth for themselves, this is the time that they are figuring out who they are. I have a testimony that Heavenly Father is not only hastening the work by inspiring more to come out on missions, he is also preparing the hearts of his children to hear the gospel. We have met so many people who are so excited to strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ. This week, we have been given referral after referral! It's been wonderful! The great thing as well, is that our young students are so excited to share the gospel with their friends! 

With our young married ward, we had an international dinner on Saturday and 3 non-member couples were there. We met a couple from Romania, Pakistan, and North Carolina. They loved the activity, and the Romanian couple commented that they really felt a special spirit as they came into the building. We're excited the members have been working a lot with the Romanian couple, it's been neat to see them all reach out together. In our young single adult ward we are working with 5 investigators, we are working with Jeff, Jacob, Chynna (cool way to spell it right?) Ashley, Oscar, and a few others. It's so amazing to see their great faith and their willingness to ask Heavenly Father if this is his will for them. It's neat to watch each one of them strengthen their relationship with their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and to watch them grow in confidence as they learn of their divine identity as children of a loving Heavenly Father, and that they have the potential to become like him. As I've been out on this mission it's made me really the value and significance of the message. I used to have fear in inviting people to be baptized, as I've been reading the Book of Mormon each day my testimony has been greatly strengthened, that as we have this opportunity to invite others to be baptized- we invite them to follow Jesus Christ, the perfect example, we are invite them to make promises with their Heavenly Father. Promises that lead them to true joy here on earth, and Eternal Life and joy in the life to come! It's helped me overcome my fears, I feel that on my mission I've been pushed out of my comfort zone in every aspect. Like they say- Miracles happen just outside your comfort zone. :) A mission has probably been the most humbling, yet most rewarding experience of my life! 

During these past few weeks, I've gained an even stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon! As we've been teaching one of our investigators Jacob, he has brought his Presbyterian friends with him who've really tried to ask questions that would catch us in our words. They are very familiar with the bible, and after the second lesson we realized they didn't have true intent in desiring to know if this was Heavenly Father's word or not. They kept telling us we were being misguided and it really hurt. As I've read the Book of Mormon, on every page I've had my testimony of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father, and my divine potential strengthened. Sometimes I wish I could just hand others what I'm feeling. I've learned that all we can do as missionaries is share what we know and then it's up to them to use their agency. We are here to help them use their agency to the best of their abilities. Each time I meet someone who struggles it reminds me of the scripture 

Mosiah 2: 41
 41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments ofGod. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

I love that scripture- that as we live the gospel we are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual. I've learned that we don't have much control over our circumstances, but we do have control over ourselves. As we have the spirit, and have our relationship with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, we can find joy in any circumstance. No matter what our challenges may be. I'm so grateful to have the great knowledge that I do. :) This gospel brings me so much happiness! We are so blessed! 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a wonderful week! 


Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment