Monday, January 6, 2014

Hey There Everyone! 

It's always a treat to hear from you! To hear about all the great things you're involved with, and how much is going on! I can't believe Andrew is now in Primary! Where does the time go?! That's crazy! :) How fun I bet Sister Udall is an awesome teacher! Rachel, I'm so proud of you for standing up for what's right with the play. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm so proud of you! Mom, it's so neat to hear of all the great things you are doing as the relief society president, you are making such a difference in so many lives! What an incredible opportunity, I'm so proud of you! 

It's hard to hear many people are struggling right now...Dad,  I'll definitely keep you in my prayers, I know Heavenly Father has a great plan for you. It's hard going through those times when our faith is tried. I loved how you've always told me throughout the years, that when we don't have all the answers this is when we learn the most. I definitely agree with Uncle Richard, Dad is so creative! You'll come up with something great, I know you will. I have faith that Heavenly Father will take care of everything during this process. As I've had more time to read the scriptures these last few months, it's incredible to see the pattern by which the Lord works. Thinking about the Jaredites, (Ether 2) who were in the barges for quite some time, not knowing their end destination, but knowing that since they'd taken the course of action that God had directed them to take they knew he was guiding them. Although they only had the light in the barges, they couldn't see the course in which the Lord was taking them, yet they ended up in the promise land. The same goes for Nephi and his family 
1 Nephi 4:6-  And I was aled by the Spirit, not bknowing beforehand the things which I should do.
Sometimes I wish Heavenly Father could just show us how things would turn out in the end, yet through the comfort of the spirit we can know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In the scriptures they always end up making it to the promise land. Don't worry Dad, everything will work out. 

Well, this week had been a good one. It's been difficult as I've been sick for a majority of it, along with walking, yet as I exerted myself we were able to meet so many new people, and see miracles because of it! :) We met a woman named Donna a few weeks ago, and we were able to teach her and her husband. She and Paul have met with 2 sets of missionaries. She still has many questions. She has struggled because years back her 15 year old son, died in a fire, and she misses him dearly. It was difficult for her to understand that a loving Heavenly Father would take her son. We were able to share the message of the Plan of Salvation or the Plan of Happiness, and we were able to explain to her that her son was in the spirit world, a place of joy and peace, and that she would again see him. I felt the spirit so strongly as I was able to bear my testimony to her that we come to Earth to gain a body because our body is subject to temptation, and subjects us to  weakness, our physical bodies provide resistance for our spirit which allows us to grow. I was able to bear testimony that her son had completed his Earthly test, and that he was now in a place of peace. It was a neat moment, I don't feel I can adequately type out the words that came to me. There are moments when I can feel the spirit working through me, and I am unable to completely recall the words I spoke. Such a surreal experience. This last week I've felt prompted to promise many different blessings. We were teaching a 14 year old girl who is a grand daughter of one of our less actives. She isn't a member and she lives in a home with a mother who is addicted to drugs, and her father struggles as well. As we taught her of her divine identity as a daughter of God, I felt prompted to share with her that as she lives the gospel she will be able to make it to the temple and be sealed to her husband for eternity. I felt prompted to share, that there was a man who would be ready to take her there as she lives this gospel. It was a very specific blessing, and I don't think anyone had shared with her that those blessings were available to her. You could see a light in her as we shared this with her. I felt Heavenly Father's great love for her, and I felt that those were the very words he would have spoken to her if he were here. With each person we teach it's incredible that as we rely on the spirit, we know God knows these people perfectly, and although we don't know them, that he does, and he directs us in knowing what he'd have us say to them. 

I spent about a day and a half recovering, I had time to reflect. It takes me going without something to recognize how grateful I am to have it in my life. That's how Heavenly Father has taught me, I was getting to the point of comparing myself to some other missionaries, and then I got sick and realized how much God truly has blessed me with. My good Health, my memory, my wonderful family and friends. I've realized that although I'm not a perfect missionary, it's taught me to rely on my Heavenly Father, and as I've learned to rely on him, he makes my efforts perfect enough. I have to remember that it's not me as a missionary that helps others come to Christ, it's the spirit. As long as I'm obedient and put in my best effort Heavenly Father makes it enough. It's true to all situations in life, that as long as we strive to follow the spirit and put in our best efforts God will direct us. I know Heavenly Father has given each of us unique gifts, and attributes because he has sent each of us here to fulfill a unique mission. Although through the atonement, I've learned that I can overcome my weaknesses, and become better, I am unique for a reason. I know each of us can use our unique gifts to bless others. President Mullen always says to remember that once we've accepted that we are "Unfinished projects" we are always in the process of growth and remodel. As we see ourselves as God see's us, we find so much joy. As long as we remember who we are as children of God, nothing can shake us. 

I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve the wonderful people of Washington, It's such a blessing to watch others grow close to their Savior, and see the light in their eyes, as they recognize who they are and why they are here. I know that this gospel is what brings true happiness! I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, who has faith in me and sent his beloved son Jesus Christ so that I can return to him someday. I know Heavenly Father knows us each individually, he knows the interests of our hearts, he has a divine plan for each one of us. I know that Jesus Christ is the God's greatest expression of love to us, and that truly has felt all the struggles we feel, he knows exactly how to comfort us, and he will as we turn to him through prayer, and act on the faith we have. As President Utchdorf said last conference, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." I love my Heavenly Father and My Savior, I love each one of you! 

I hope you each have a wonderful week, and I pray that you'll be able to feel of the great love your Heavenly Father has for you as you go throughout your week! 

Thank you again for your prayers, love and support! I love each one of you so much! 

Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark 

P.S. Thought I'd attach one of my favorite Mormon Messages! Its such a touching story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment