Monday, February 3, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

Looks like you've had another awesome week! Thanks for sharing your neat stories and thank you for the updates! Sounds like you guys are doing well. :) I'm so proud to hear all of the great things you guys are doing! I know each one of you is a blessing in the lives of those around you! You guys are wonderful! Mom, I loved the story about Susie Sim, she's so cute! Also, you are going to have to keep me posted on Jennica's mission call! I'm so excited for her! :) 

I have had a wonderful week! Thank you for your prayers in my behalf and in behalf of the people I'm teaching. No prayer goes unanswered! :) Chynna fasted yesterday to receive an answer to know if this is Heavenly Father's path for her, and to know that the church is true. We fasted with her yesterday. At church I asked her if she was doing alright, and she replied that it was difficult but that she was doing alright. She knelt down to pray on Saturday night to begin her fast. She said she was just hanging out at her apartment, and she felt the strongest impression that she needed to kneel down and pray. She said that as she poured out her heart she felt so much love, and she said she was just overwhelmed with emotion. She then went on to tell me that minutes after her prayer, her roommate was drunk and called her and needed help. Her roommate was questioning her on why she was looking into the church. She said this really made her stop and consider why she was doing the things she was. She said as she has been watching the lives of the members, she admires how happy everyone is. As she told me her story, I don't think I've ever been happier! :) Heavenly Father saw her sacrifice and desire to know, he blessed her and answered her prayers. Chynna is such an incredibly strong girl! It's so exciting to see her walk in the steps of her Savior, she has so much faith. Throughout she's been so willing to see if this is what her Heavenly Father wants for her. Heavenly Father blesses us so much for the sacrifices we make to follow him. 

This week, we've had so many opportunities to help out and serve. 10 of us as missionaries helped this single father Kyle clean up his place. It needed a lot of help! Let me tell you... haha. It was cute he really likes this lady he's dating and was going to bring her to his home to meet his 3 children that night. He's a recent convert, and she is too. Cute right? :) It felt so good to see him smile! I think it's so incredible to look at Heavenly Fathers timing. That he recently joined the church and so did she. I really hope they get married! :) 

We also have been helping out at a retirement home- "Kindred" Sister Lamb, Luki, Rasmussen, went a few times this week to help them with this plastic canvas craft. As we helped them make bookmarks, and complete a simple pattern, their faces were just beaming! They were so proud of their projects, to see what they had accomplished. I got to work with Paul, he's hilarious! He had a pedometer, and he said, "Watch Sisters, time me I'm going to run down the hall!" and as he came back he showed us his pedometer, and said, "See- 5 miles faster than last time!" He's in his 60's and has some brain trauma, but he is just the happiest guy ever! He kept calling me Carrie Underwood, he's so funny. Anyway, I just felt so happy this week! :) I love seeing light come into others faces. 

Poor Sister Lamb was sick a majority of the week... So I went on exchanges with Sister Luki and Rasmussen. Also, I went out on exchanges with some of the relief society sisters and we went to visit some of the girls who we haven't seen at church in awhile. I had a lot of time to catch up on my Book of Mormon reading, I am determined to finish within these next few weeks. It has strengthened my testimony as I've been able to read at this faster pace. To see the pattern of how people gain strength through relying on Christ, and what has stood out to me most is that the people no matter how difficult their circumstances, were enabled to find joy as they prayed for help and relied on Christ. It's taught me that no matter how things go, I can be enabled in my circumstances.

One of my favorite stories in the Book of Mormon is the Story of Alma and his people who are living righteous lives, but because of the decisions of their wicked leader Amulon they are have many burdens affecting them, but as they pray, Heavenly Father strengthens them in their circumstances. 

Mosiah 24: 13-15 
13 And it acame to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand asbwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord didastrengthen them that they could bear up their bburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the will of the Lord.
Love you guys so much! Hope you have a wonderful week! 

Love, Sister Clark! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment