Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hey There Everyone! 

It was so good hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to write me! :) Sounds like so many exciting things are going on! Congratulations to Jennica! Louisville, Kentucky Spanish speaking! That's so awesome! I'm so excited for her! State side missions are the best! :) (No bias... ;) ) haha. She's going to be such an incredible missionary! I'm so excited for Natalie to get to serve a mission as well! What an exciting time! Who would've guessed this was where all of us would be only two years ago! Deciding to serve a mission is the best thing that's ever happened to me, I don't regret it one bit.  Mom and Dad, hope you have a great anniversary trip! I'm excited for you! Thanks for all the funny Andrew stories, they brought a smile to my face. Thanks for the update. I'm glad Aunt Lynda is doing better, and Mom way to be making it to 3rd Nephi! :) 

A lot has happened this week! It's been eventful, sometimes I feel I live a month worth of events within a week. I'm so sad, Sister Luki is leaving us today... She's such a sweetheart, I've loved having her here. We've had so much fun together! She's heading back to temple square, you guys will have to go and request Sister Luki as a tour guide. :) Then Sister Lamb goes home on Sunday, so it'll just be Sister Rasmussen and I left. Transfer calls are on Sunday, I get the feeling I might be training a new missionary this next transfer, we'll see. Whatever happens it'll be great! :) 

This week we made cookies with our district and went around campus, and gave them out along with pass along cards. Inviting people to come to church, and check out the institute. As a result, we are teaching this darling girl from Colombia named Lina. :) !! We had an incredible Zone Conference, Sister Lamb, Luki, Rasmussen, Johnson, Fuller, and I performed a musical number. We sang "Oh, My Father" to the tune of "Come Thou Fount". I realized how profound the words of that hymn are. I love the words...
...........................................................................................................................................................................................

O my Father, thou that dwellest in the high and glorious place. When shall I regain thy presence, and again behold thy face?

In thy holy habitation, did my spirit once reside? In my first primeval childhood, was I nurtured near thy side?

In thy holy habitation, did my spirit once reside? In my first primeval childhood, was I nurtured near thy side?

For a wise and glorious purpose thou hast placed me here on earth, and withheld the recollection of my former friends and birth.
Yet oft-times a secret something whispered, “You’re a stranger here;” And I felt that I had wandered from a more exalted sphere.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................
When I leave this frail existence, when I lay this mortal by, Father, Mother, may I meet you in your royal courts on high?
Then, at length, when I’ve completed all you sent me forth to do, With your mutual approbation let me come and dwell with you.

It's now a favorite of mine. How incredible to think, we lived with Heavenly Father, he nutured us, loved us, cared for us, we are his children. We had friendships there. Yet our recollection is with held from us, so that we can grow. As President Benson said, “Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us.” 

This week we've been working a lot with Jacob, who is an athiest. We felt a recurring theme throughout our lessons, "God's Love". Jacob hadn't been following through on his commitments, so we were thinking about "Putting him in the area book" thinking this wasn't his time and he wasn't ready to act on the answer God would give him. We told him the only way he was going to know if these things were true, was if he acted on the invitations we extended him, to continue reading the Book of Mormon, and to come to church. As he came to church on Sunday, the lesson was on "The Creation, and God's love for us" Jacob looked slightly uncomfortable as he sat in his chair. Afterwards, he explained to us that warmth had spread throughout him, he hadn't felt those feelings before. During our lessons right as he feels the spirit you can tell he braces himself against it. He's so intelligent, and I think he's afraid to brace change. On Sunday, we had a mission wide fast for new investigators. I feel Heavenly Father blessed us, and softened Jacob's heart. Miracles happen! :) 

Other exciting events! Chynna is doing wonderful! She came to Family Home Evening last night, and she is continuing on to read the Book of Mormon, We're going to have to bump her baptism forward a few weeks, so her family can come. I'm so excited for her! She's incredible! :) 

We are working with a sweet boy who has a slight case of autism, his friends the Schofield's invited him to Family Home Evening last week, and we've had a few discussions with him and he's very sincerely interested. He's such a sweet kid. We are also working with an investigator Ben Fujii, he's very intelligent, and had been meeting with missionaries before the winter break. He'd gotten a new phone, and lost our number. He came to the institute a few weeks ago to get our number, and we've been able to meet with him! :) He's reading the Book of Mormon, and is in Alma 26. He has the most incredible story. He told us that missionaries came knocking at his door looking for a Ben Fujii, the mother pointed to the infant in her arms and said, "Yes, this is him". The missionaries were shocked. The parents weren't interested in the church, but the missionaries had left the Book of Mormon and said, "We'll let you keep this for him" So when he'd been old enough to read, his parents gave him the Book, and he'd been intrigued ever since. I wouldn't believe this story unless I'd heard it myself. How incredible is that?! So Ben's a pretty incredible kid. 

So many miracles have happened this week! Heavenly Father is sure hastening his work, and preparing so many of his children to hear his word and bring more joy into their lives. I know without a doubt that this gospel is true, & brings lasting joy into lives! I'm so grateful to get to share it! :) 

Well, I love you guys so much! Hope you have a wonderful week! :) 

Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark! 




No comments:

Post a Comment