Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 3, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

Today is our preparation day, because we spent the day yesterday in Liberty Lake for Sister Reed's Doctor's appointment. So we called Sister Mullen, and she said that we could switch our preparation day to today. It was wonderful to hear from all of you! Rachel looked gorgeous on graduation day, and Michael congratulations on graduating from elementary school! :) Rachel, congratulations on getting the job! What an exciting time! Dad, I'm excited to see how things go with the interview. It sounds like your video is incredible! Wish I could see it, I really feel this is what the Lord has planned for you. :) Sounds like it would be an incredible job, and I know you would be perfect for the position! I'm so excited for you, I pray for you every day. It's amazing to see that Heavenly Father truly has prepared you for this position. Mom, thank you so much for sharing those moments that have strengthened your testimony. The spirit touched my heart as I read about your experiences. I'm glad the cards I sent made it to Rachel and Andrew. :) That story about Andrew made my whole day! Thanks for all the updates, sounds like you all had such a fun week! 

This week has been so wonderful! The last few months had been so dry... we were really struggling, yet we put our faith and trust in Heavenly Father. It was hard- we would find someone who was interested, they'd meet with us once, and then fall off the map. I was getting discouraged. Day after day we kept pressing forward. On Thursday this week, our 3 months worth of prayers were answered! We were on the bus traveling to an appointment, and we were talking with a guy named Jason. His friend then came and sat right in front of us. He gazed at our name badges, and exclaimed, "You're Missionaries! My boss has been talking to me for a year and a half about your church, and has been wanting me to meet with missionaries! A huge grin came across my face, and the spirit rushed over me. We told him we'd love to meet with him, and he said, "Really, you could?!" He was so excited. 
We read Alma 26:37 with him 
37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

After he read it, a smile came to his face, he said, "So God, really is aware of me...." he just sat there for a moment in thought with the Book of Mormon. We set up an appointment to meet with him on Friday. On Friday we taught him about the restoration of the Gospel. As we got to know him, and establish expectations and explain our purpose- we learned that he has been struggling with addictions he smokes and chews, but he has such a strong desire to overcome them. He's now living in transitional housing, he has challenges in his life, but he really wants this. I felt the spirit touch my heart that Tyler was the person God wanted us to find. As we invited him to baptized, and he was so excited, he got out his planner to mark the date. June 28th

We took him on a church tour on Saturday, he brought a friend along with him. His friend's name was Josh. As we talked with Josh, he said he'd met with missionaries in the past, but the timing hadn't been right. His grandparents are active members, and he grew up in Salt Lake City. His Mom is an inactive member, and he said now more than ever in his life he wants to feel that God loves him. He said,"I just feel that the timing is right, for me to start looking into this." As we walked into the chapel, and waited in a moment of silence to feel the spirit. We then asked Josh how he felt, he replied, "I feel like my worries and troubles are lifted, everything is clearer." It's incredible that that is the peace that is brought into our lives as we step onto dedicated ground, that as we feel the spirit, we have a  more eternal perspective. As we invited Josh to be baptized, he responded that, As he comes to know it's true it's something he wants in his life. We had members with us, Michael Clark, and Nicole Reed. As they both bore testimony the spirit filled the room. Member's testimonies are the most powerful... 

We are going to meet with Tyler tonight, and go to (ARP) The Addiction Recovery Program. It focuses on how the Atonement can help individuals overcome their addictions. I'm excited for tonight! I can't even explain the  love I have for Tyler. He already has a love for his Heavenly Father, and his Savior and has such a desire to change. 

This week, I've learned so much from my studies, I was reading in True to The Faith, about the Restoration of the Gospel, and it testified clearly that as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have access to blessings that were lost for almost 2,000 years. The gift of receiving the Holy Ghost, and the blessings that come from being sealed as families, and having a prophet on the Earth. I can't even imagine what my life would be like without those blessings. I'm so truly grateful! I know without a doubt that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is restored in it's fullness, and that we have access to so many miraculous blessings!

This Church is true! 

I hope you all have a wonderful week, I love each one of you so much! 

Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark 

Picture Captions
1609- We went to get frozen yogurt after our District Meeting (This was our whole zone) :) 
1619- After a meeting with our zone at President Rigby's home (The Stake President) They had us over for breakfast at their home. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment