Monday, June 30, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

Thank you so much for your emails! It was so good to hear from you guys! Sounds like you've had a fun week. :) I can't believe Jennica is off to the MTC! I'm so excited for her! It's so neat Natalie, Jennica, and I will all be serving at the same time! :) Going on a mission is probably the best decision I've made in my life so far. I'm so grateful for my mission. So grateful! It's amazing to get to feel so close to my Heavenly Father every day. Mom, sounds like so many neat things are happening in Relief Society! I bet the Sister's love having you in there. Dad, Thank you so much for your email! I'm going to apply it for sure this week! Dad, I feel peace about everything with the job situation- the spirit comforts me each day, I know Heavenly Father has a plan. I'm so proud of you for who you've become, I was so touched by your perspective- you trust Heavenly Father so much- there's this Mormon message that really reminds me of you- it's called "The Will of God" I love it! I know that Heavenly Father always makes what will be best for us in the long run happen- even though it's really hard to accept at times.... I'm so proud of you- I pray for all of you each day. <3 

So much has happened this week! I absolutely love the cute Sisters we live with- they are so funny, one night they were joking around and dressed up like pirates, made balloon swords, and turned on some up beat church music and made a music video, they are so funny! I just love them, They called themselves, Riptide Rees, and Pirate Piliami. Aha, they always bring a smile to my face. We got our transfer calls last night, and wonderful news! Sister Reed, Me, Piliami, and Rees are serving another transfer in Moscow! :) I'm so grateful, I really feel like we are going to see baptisms this transfer! I feel like good things are around the corner. Yesterday was a hard day. Our district leader Elder Church and his companion Elder Tingey both "died" yesterday, don't worry remember that just means they went home- We got some pretty great pictures- you'll love them! haha... Elder Church and I have served together for 6 months! We both came to Moscow from Spokane together. We are all sure going to miss him. He was the District leader over 6 of us Sisters, we teased him and called him our relief society president. He has such a kind heart, you could tell his mission truly changed him. 

I have to tell you how grateful I am for your prayers, this week I saw them answered! :) This week we taught Meghan and Matthew "The Gospel of Jesus Christ" that we can truly be cleansed from sin, and that Heavenly Father created it as an incredible way of life, that helps strengthen us in our trials, and is there to help us overcome our weaknesses. We read Enos 12:27 with them as we talked about repentance, and asked Matthew why God gave him weaknesses. He responded that it was so he would rely on God. Light came into his eyes as we explained that his weaknesses could become strengths as he relied on God. We talked about how as we live this gospel it prepares us to again live in Heavenly Father's presence. That as we are baptized, and made clean, and continue to live the gospel we will feel comfortable in God's presence and we will be excited and want to stay there with him. We committed Matthew to pray about baptism. Later that week, During our follow up visit something incredible occurred! Matthew explained to us that he'd had a dream in which a man had spoken to him about baptism, the man explained that the more he sinned the less time he'd want to spend in God's presence. "Matthew!" We exclaimed! :) Heavenly Father answered your prayer! Most people don't have that dramatic of an experience, he'd felt the spirit afterwards- and the doctrine in his dream is true! He said he still wanted to seek out his answer just to be sure. The spirit brought to my mind 

2 Nephi 32 3-5
3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.

4 Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.

5 For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.

We asked them what the words of Christ were. They held up there Book of Mormon, talked about the Bible, and coming to church. They understand! :) It's been a surreal experience to see Matthew grow from not believing in Christ, to desiring baptism. His heart has truly been softened! :) They both came to church on Sunday with questions. Meghan came with the question- when should I be baptized. 

God blessed us with so many miracles this week. We met so many people with open hearts! We met a guy who's Catholic, named Daniel who wants to strengthen his faith in Christ- we're meeting with him on Wednesday! We are working with a girl who's recently become re-activated. Her name is Crystal she's had a hard past, and she really wants to make it to the temple. We are teaching her the lessons, and helping her make those changes in her life to make to get her there! :) We are so excited for her! The Anderson's who had us over on Easter had us over to dinner, and invited Meghan and Matthew. We also got to go to the ward barbeque on Saturday and Meghan Matthew and Crystal came! :) Such a good week! Heavenly Father blessed us with so many tender mercies this week. 

I'm so grateful to get to be a part of God's work, Meghan and Matthew asked what missionaries do all day, and we shared this video with them- the spirit was so powerful! 
Missionary Medley it was sweet it made me think of all of you guys preparing for missions as well, and after I looked at my name badge, and the spirit overwhelmed me that I have this incredible privilege right now!

I am so grateful to get to be serving my Heavenly Father, I wouldn't trade this experience for the world! 

I love you all so much! I can't tell you thank you enough for all of your prayers in my behalf, and all of your love and support! 

Much Love, Sister Sarah Clark 





"Funeral" for missionaries going home



Matthew, Meghan & Sister Reed & Sarah

Goofy Roommates

Some members of the Singles Ward Sarah & Sister Reed are serving in took them out to dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment