Monday, June 23, 2014

Hey Everyone, 

It broke my heart to hear that Dad didn't get the job... I was sure that he was going to get it! Dad, you would have been wonderful in that position! I was so excited for you... I'm so sorry it didn't work out, :'( .... That's hard to hear.... I'm so proud of you for your faith Dad. It was so touching to read your email and hear about all the things you were thankful for... All of you have so much faith- I know Heavenly Father is so aware of everything that's happening right now.. Even though it's not the answer we wanted... I wanted so badly for Dad to get the job. I'm sure it's hard for Heavenly Father to see us going through all this... Dad, I'm so proud of you for who you are. That you still trust in God. Thank you for your incredible example! I'm so sorry though... That breaks my heart.... :'( I'll keep you in my prayers, I know God has a plan for you. It was sweet to hear about all the people who were praying in your behalf. I sure miss all of you, and hope you're doing alright. I love you guys! I wish I could be there right now to help, I love and miss all of you. 

It was sweet to hear about everyone who reached out, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Dennis. Everyone! I'm so proud of the perspective you all have cultivated, I know Heavenly Father understands when we are sad, he understands that we can't see the future, and that it's okay to be sad, but then when we are ready he will again take us by the hand and guide us. Dad, I know Heavenly Father has a great plan ahead for you. 

As for The Lord's Work in Moscow- things are looking up. We'd had a really time with the work these last two weeks. Nathan (the miracle in Sister Reed's email) He'd gone back to Troy to visit his Sister, then he came home and got into some heavy drugs again... We dropped by his apartment, and it was so hard... The glow in his eyes wasn't there- We tried to talk to him about the atonement, and he just wasn't in a position in which he could feel the spirit... It broke our hearts.. He won't return our phone calls. We keep telling him that what he felt was real. We keep praying for him... Also, Tyler's family has been picking him up and taking him home for the weekends, and he is going to another church with them, and keeps cancelling on our appointments. We were getting so discouraged- we'd go for days on end that no one would listen.. But we did have our miracles that kept us going. 

This week, we were able to teach Meghan and Matthew about the Plan of Salvation- Matthew was concerned that a Loving God would let us go through such hard things- he said it just didn't make any sense. then Meghan bore her testimony to him she said, "Matt, my trials have made me the person I am today. If it weren't for me being legally blind, I wouldn't have as much compassion as I do for people with disabilities." Sister Reed and I felt the spirit so strong as she spoke, I know Matt did too. She loves the gospel, it's been amazing to see her countenance change- she has more confidence because she knows who she is- She is a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father. She was able to come to the Relief Society Activity, and Church. Sister Reed and I set a goal at the beginning of the transfer to help someone change their life through the gospel. The answer to our prayers- Meghan. :) I love her! She wants to get baptized, we are waiting for Matt to get on board as well- We are going to teach the law of chastity soon- so who knows we might get to throw a wedding! 

Another Miracle- yesterday, Sister Reed and I were having a hard day... We were trying to have a positive outlook on things. We prayed with all our hearts that we could find those who had open hearts. Because this last transfer has been difficult we are now grateful for every little miracle. Yesterday my heart was filled. We went to an apartment of a ward member who'd moved home for the summer, two men from Saudi Arabia were standing outside his apartment- they didn't speak much English- they motioned us over to there apartment- their friend Ozi spoke English. He's also from Saudi Arabia but he has residency here in the United States! So we can teach him! :) He was so kind, and said he's been looking into Christianity. He said his friend awhile gave him a book of Mormon, and he'd been wanting to read it, but he'd lost his copy. We gladly gave him a copy, and are going to see him again tonight! :) 

Then, we had another miracle! We were going to see a former investigator, and this cute Asian woman looked out her door, and motioned that no one lived in the apartment that we were knocking on. She didn't speak any English, haha. She invited us to come into her home, it was a cute humble apartment, they didn't have much at all- there was a mattress on the floor, and a little tiny card table. She was so kind, she hugged us, and we sat down, and she looked at the Book of Mormon Sister Reed was holding, and excitedly ran over to her counter, and pulled out her Chinese copy! We didn't know what to do, she and her husband didn't understand us, and we didn't understand them. Sister Reed pulled out the Book of Mormon, and turned to the pictures, pointed and explained what was going on in each. I was praying in my heart to know what we could do. Then the spirit brought the thought to my mind- "Sister Huang speaks Chinese!" We called her, and she and the Chinese woman started having a conversation. Her husband just smiled, ear to ear. They were so happy! Sister Huang then told us she'd met them just a few weeks ago, and that they are moving back to China soon. Sister Huang asked them if we could pray with them. Sister Reed prayed, and the spirit filled the whole apartment, as we left the kept saying "Shi Shi"= Thank you! They came out on the porch and waved to us until we got to the car. They were so grateful, they recognized the spirit, and evidence of God's love. I just felt so much love for them. 

After that my heart and soul were filled. God is preparing people! He is! :) Thank you for all of your prayers they have truly been answered. 
I love the scripture- 
Alma 26:16  16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel. 
I'm so grateful he blessed us with those miracles. I know he loves each one of his children and is so aware of them. 

I'm so grateful for the privilege of getting to serve the people of Moscow, my love for God, and for them grows every day. I know God will bless us with his tender mercies time and time again, through thick and thin. I love this gospel, and I'm grateful for the peace it brings to my heart. I know Heavenly Father loves each one of you, just keep holding on... The miracles will come. I love each one of you so much! 

I hope you have a wonderful week! 

Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark

captions
0614 and 0615- We heart attacked our cute Ward Missionary Audrey's door. She's leaving to go study abroad in Argentina. We love her and are going to miss her- There are more cute pictures Sister Reed got from this week- I'll send them next week. :) 

Anyway, love you lots! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment