Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

Thank you so much for all of your emails! Dad, I hope you had a wonderful Father's day yesterday! I love you so so so much! A card should be coming for you in the mail from me soon here. :) Yesterday all of my Sisters here- Sister Rees, Piliami, Reed and I were all talking about how much we love our Dad's. We were all in tears. Dad, I'm so grateful for all you've taught me, and I'm so grateful you've always been there for me! I'm so grateful for all your sacrifices in providing for us. I would not be the person I am today, if it weren't for you. (I promise, your card is coming soon) :) I absolutely loved the pictures this week, it touched my heart hearing Josh found so many names to take to the temple, when I went to do baptism's with Sue they spoke about how one day, we'll meet all those people, and they will come wrap there arms around us, and we'll feel that connection with them. I have no doubt that they are here to help us. Josh and Michael, that's incredible that you had that opportunity! :) What an incredible experience... Dad I'm so excited for you with this job, I know you'd be wonderful for it. I'm so proud of you and Mom for keeping faith throughout this time, although I know it's been hard. 

I have learned so much this week! I have learned how aware my Heavenly Father truly is of me. I was really struggling after many rejections, Sister Reed and I are obedient, we teach with the spirit, we had a 40 day fast to help us have the spirit even more. We have done everything we know how to do. We had Interviews this week with President and Sister Mullen, and I felt the spirit so strongly as they walked in, I felt so much love from them. As I went in for my interview with Sister Mullen, I felt the spirit so strong! She asked me about how these last few transfers had gone,  I talked about all the rejections and how it just hurt, how the pain had broken my heart so many times, I told her my love and compassion had grown so much for my Savior- as he was rejected over and over. Even Jesus Christ could only work miracles in people's lives, and they had humble hearts, and were willing to repent. I now more deeply appreciate my Savior. People like the pharisees were angry with him for performing miracles. When Jesus Christ atoned for us, he wasn't even given a fair trial, people told him he was blasphemous. I can't imagine how heart breaking it must have been for him... He was performing the atonement for all those people, yet they rejected him.

 I told her how in the scriptures, I'd been especially touched by Abinadi's story. That he was called of God to share the gospel, and during his life, everyone rejected him. Yet, there was the miracle after Abinadi's death- Alma was converted, and went on to baptize many people! Abinadi was an incredible prophet- although he didn't get to see the fruit of his labors, many lives were changed. That story gave me hope, that although now I might not see the miracles, that I have helped people. I told her about the challenges I'd gone through, that it had been hard. That although I'm going to miss my best friend's wedding, I broke up with someone I truly loved, I've cried a lot over you guys that you've had to go through this struggle with Dad on his job search, Facing rejection daily etc... That I now feel an overwhelming peace, The spirit has enabled me every single day. I love and feel more deeply, I know who I am, I feel that God has taught me that trials are necessary for growth and progression. I told her how incredibly grateful I am for this mission, I'm grateful God has changed me. She then bore testimony to me, she said, "Sarah, You came to this Earth because you wanted so badly to learn what you were capable of, to prove yourself, and to grow." tears streamed down my face, the warmth of the spirit touched my heart. That is truly what this life is about- constant growth and progression which requires trials. 

I absolutely love the scripture

Romans 8: 16-17 

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
I know that trials are a necessary part of our growth and development. Hard times, truly teach us what we are capable of- I didn't think I was capable of all the things I've gone through. I'm so grateful God loves me enough to let me grow. 
As I was in my interview with President Mullen, I bore that same testimony to President Mullen, I told him that I was discouraged that I hadn't brought many people to baptism. He said, "Sister Clark- the indication of a good missionary is not how many baptisms they have- it's how obedient they are. I know plenty of missionaries who baptize frequently, that aren't consecrated missionaries. That doesn't measure your success. The Lord knew that you had enough love, to be patient and help nourish their testimonies. He knew you'd stay out, even if you didn't get to take as much part in the harvest. Sister Clark, by the spirit I feel, you are doing the Lord's will." I again felt overwhelmed by the spirit, it brought me to tears. When I get home, if people ask how many baptism's I had, I'll say, "Ask me how many miracles I saw." :) I felt peace in knowing that I am doing God's will. Blessings come in many different ways. Sister Reed and I spoke in Sacrament meeting a few weeks ago, she in her talk said, " When we ask people what blessings they've seen in their life they usually say, 'Job, Health, Family, etc...' on a mission you don't have a 'job, your health deteriorates every day, and were not here to get married, so what blessings do you receive on a mission? The blessings are that of change." That really touched me. So when you feel you aren't seeing tangible blessings coming to you, look for the ways in which God has blessed and changed you! :) 
I'm so grateful for each and every one of you in my life, I can't tell you how much it touches my heart to hear from you each week. I know Heavenly Father is so aware of each one of you and your personal struggles, he loves you and wants to help strengthen you, happiness doesn't come always in circumstance, it comes in how we react in that circumstance. Remember that God will strengthen you through your trials, and show you what you are truly capable of! I'm so grateful for you all, it touches me to see the great things you are doing with your lives. I love you all so much! I can't even express how much I love you! 
I hope you all have a wonderful, know that I love and pray for each one of you! 
All My Love, Sister Sarah Clark 
In honor of Father's Day- I thought I'd send this video! It's one of my favorites! :) Earthly Father Heavenly Father  

No comments:

Post a Comment