Monday, December 2, 2013

Hey Everyone, 

Thank you so much for the fun Birthday package, and sweet letters,That was so sweet of you guys! Sister Strong was so sweet she made me a birthday sign this morning, she's so wonderful! I was just watching some of the video's, it was so fun to hear Andrew's cute little voice, and see everyone! I think I'll watch two a week, because of limited time on the computer. That was such a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much! I can't believe I'm 20, time goes by so quickly. My advice is to enjoy the stage of life you're at, because time truly passes so quickly. I still remember Junior High like it was yesterday. Remember love where you're at! :) 

I'm glad to hear you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I love the Allred's! Who all was able to make it? Sister Strong and I were able to go to two Thanksgiving dinners! It was so much fun. :) We were able to spend time with the Jenkins, and Guinn family. It wasn't the same without all of you this year, but we were grateful the ward adopted us. Afterwards we went to visit Sister Gerling at the care center, and it was so neat her roommate Norma joined us for scripture study. It was such a wonderful day! 

Well, It's been another great week to be a missionary! This week I've seen so many incredible miracles! It was the last week of the transfer, and I wanted to do all I could before I left the Evergreen ward. Yet, to Sister Strong and I's surprise, we received the call with the news last night, and we both get to serve another transfer in this ward! I'm so grateful! I finally feel I've got my feet on the ground. I feel I know the ward members, the area, and feel I'm getting the swing of things. Well, Sister Strong and I were struggling with our investigators. No one was progressing. They weren't keeping the commitments we'd extended. We weren't sure what to do. We decided to start new, and find new investigators. We have a list of potentials, ( a list of people who past missionaries have met, and extended an invitation to in the past.) We have been stopping by all of our potentials. Almost every single one has invited us in! It's been incredible. Just when we felt that no one was interested in hearing our message, God opened a door for us. :) We've had two that have said they'd like to be baptized when they come to know that this gospel is true. So in life, when you feel the task you've been given is impossible just remember God will make a way. The scripture 1 Nephi 3:7 has such a special meaning to me. I've seen how the Lord prepares a way. The people we've met with have been prepared. 

This week I had the opportunity to go help out at a Food Bank, that was the most humbling experience. Seeing so many people who have almost nothing. One woman was missing almost all her teeth, another had 3 little children and they were dressed in clothes much to small for them. It broke my heart, these people were sure going through a lot. Yet, most of them had a smile on their face. It made me reflect on all my blessings. I've taken for granted so many of my blessings. Good dental care, clothes on my back, I've never had to worry about food and shelter. I've taken so much for granted. It felt good to be able to help out. I just wish I could do more to help. I have loved having so many opportunities to serve, it's really changed my perspective. God has taught me so much. 

Yesterday, was one of the most incredible days! We've been teaching a woman named Judi (Short for Judith)  Marvin, and we've been helping her on her journey back to the temple. (She's the one that stopped drinking coffee right after we taught her the word of wisdom.) She has such great faith. She is the only member in her family. As we've been teaching her the lessons, we've just seen a light come into her eyes. We've had a Sister from the ward come with us each lesson, and she now has so many friends and you can just tell she feels love and support again. She's come to church the past 6 weeks, and she's come more in the last 2 months than she has in the last 4 years. She came to all 3 hours of church yesterday, which was a big step for her. :) At the end of relief society she bore her testimony about how she's so grateful to be back, and that she never wants to fall away again. It was so sweet, you can tell she is truly reconverted. :) I feel she is going to be a great influence on her family. I can't wait, she'll be going back to the temple in a few months here. So exciting! :) In testimony meeting Sister Strong and I were able to bear our testimonies thinking it might be our last time to do so in the Ever Green ward. .. Brother Orndorf (A cute little 60 year old man) came up after the meeting and through tears said, "Sister's, I just have to tell you, you have changed my life. Ever since you sister's have been here, I've been able to have so many missionary moments, and I'm so grateful, It's been so neat." Brother Orndorf is so wonderful, he was the one who taught Betty about Family History, and he and his wife have been fasting for their non-member children. They have been truly converted to doing the Lord's work. 

Anyway, how is your missionary work going? :) I'd love to hear about any experiences you've had! I'd like to invite you guys to read the talk our Stake President gave, and invite you to pray in faith for missionary moments, and the courage to act on them. I know Heavenly Father will bless you with them. You'll have to tell me about the miracles that come. :) 

I love you all so much, and hope you have a wonderful week! 

Love, Sister Sarah Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment