Monday, December 9, 2013

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you all for making my birthday so wonderful last week! I had the most incredible day! We went out to dinner with several of my friends, and Sister Jensen and Sister Strong suprised me with a birthday cake, sweet Sister Scott and Johnson bought me a beautiful boquet of flowers, Sister Riley drew a portrait of me! It was amazing it looks just like me! :) And then when we came home that night Sister Mulloy had bought me balloons, and made me a chocolate cheese cake complete with candles and all. It was the best birthday I could've asked for. Not to mention the package you guys sent me, and letters from Grandma and Grandpa Clark, and Grandma Walpole. It was a wonderful day! :) Also, something else fun. You'll never guess who I met! Sister Crowley's niece Sister Becraft! 

Thank you so much for all of your emails! It was so neat to hear about all your missionary moments! :) Mom, that's so neat you were able to share a few copies of the Book of Mormon. Although not all the reception went well, I know they will in the end be grateful. It's hard that not all people's hearts are prepared at the moment that we wish they were, yet you are part of the process of preparing them. You are planting seeds in their hearts. It definitely takes time for seeds to grow. I'm so proud of you! Dad, that's so neat to hear that you were able to share about your site in Stake Conference! I'm sure you inspired many people! :) I am amazed that even before there was such an emphasis on doing the Lord's work of bringing people to him, you'd started your non-profit. Rachel, Josh, and Michael, I'll be looking forward to hear about your missionary moments as well. :) You are all so wonderful, I know each one of you has such a great influence on the people around you! You are each a light. I know that Heavenly Father guides people to the truth, by guiding them to members who are a light. Remember, each one of you is a light house people find refuge as they see the peace you have in your life. You can be that refuge. 

I love the scripture 

Matthew 5:16  16 Let your alight so shine before men, that they may see your good bworks, and cglorify your Father which is in heaven.

Well, I have learned so much this week! We as a district have been thinking of many innovative ways to do missionary work. If you want different results you have to do things differently than you've been doing them. This week some of our innovative ideas- We are having a movie night so that others can invite their friends, we have been caroling to meet others, we have put ads in the newspaper, and much more. We wanted to have an invitation to invite others to church. We have a graphic designer in our ward Sister Burgess, (We couldn't make them ourselves, As we can only use computers to email and go to LDS.org) so she created a beautiful invitation! (we will also be making invitations to invite on church tours, and "Take us up on Service")  

The invitations to church reads- 
               The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints would like to invite you to come join with us.
               Come and feel the great peace that comes from hearing the word of the Lord. 
               Then we included the time, the address, etc... 

We have been handing those out, and this week we had an incredible miracle! A couple Janice and Darrell walked in the doors of the church. We met Janice in the summer, and have contacted her here and there. She and her husband are in their 50's. We were overjoyed to see them there! The ward was very welcoming. I was a little worried because the meeting was all about prophets, and not as Christ centered as I'd wished. Yet, after the meeting we talked with them and they were so surprised to know that we have a living prophet. They wanted to know more, so it was the perfect segway. We were able to share the Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we had two wonderful couples with us, the Cannons and the Heilesons they are about the same age as Janice and Darrell. The lesson went so wonderfully. Janice explained to us that she has been on a search for truth for quite some time, and that she just felt so at home here in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She and Darrell said they'll start reading the Book of Mormon. They are both very open. At the end Janice said the sweetest prayer, she prayed that she could know if this is God's church and that she wanted to know it was true, it was so heartfelt and sincere. What strengthened my testimony, is that although we aren't always able to perfectly answer all of their questions, we know that as those we teach read the Book of Mormon and seek that answer sincerely for themselves that the Spirit will testify to them that it is from God I absolutely love the promise in the last two paragraphs that 

We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10:3–5.)
 Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is His revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the Second Coming of the Messiah
That's what gives me the courage is that this truly is Heavenly Fathers work, and that if his children sincerely seek the truth he will give them that witness. I am so grateful Heavenly Father hasn't left us alone and that we do have a prophet today. I can't imagine what confusion I'd feel if it weren't for a prophet on the Earth today. I know that as times change the guidance we need from Heavenly Father differs for his people. His laws are unchanging, but just as we are at different stages in our life and need different guidance, people of the Earth and their situations change, and God through a prophet can give us specific counsel. I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon, and that there is a sure way to know that this church is true. That is where I truly gained my testimony, through reading it. I know those prophets saw our day specifically and wrote for us in our challenges. I know that it gives us peace about who we are as children of God, outlines Heavenly Father's plan for us, and through it we can receive a divine witness that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live, and that the gospel in it's fullness is restored in our day. I'm so grateful for the peace I have in my life knowing I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father who has a plan for me, and that through Jesus Christ I can be enabled to overcome my weaknesses, and that I am here to learn and grow and become like my Heavenly Father. 

The other day I came across this cute Mormon message I thought you all might enjoy! 

 https://www.lds.org/youth/video/the-christmas-spirit?lang=eng I'm so grateful for this Christmas season, It's incredible to see love enter hearts, families brought together, it's a time to reflect on the Saviors great life, and the blessings it has brought into our lives. 

Again, I am so grateful for this incredible opportunity to serve a mission! Thank you for all your love and support, I'm grateful for each one of you! :)

Much Love, Sister Sarah Clark 





No comments:

Post a Comment