Monday, December 23, 2013

Dear Family, 

I was so humbled by your email.... It's hard to hear Dad didn't get the job... I nearly started crying with joy to hear that kind donor offered to pay for my mission.  I'm so incredibly grateful! Whoever you are, thank you so much!!! I know you are supporting not only me, but God's work. I plan to put my all into these months I have here serving in Washington. I just want to express my gratitude for that wonderful act of kindness, I will forever be grateful! 

Dad, don't worry I know God has a great plan for you, and maybe he needs you elsewhere at this time. I'll keep you in my prayers. Thank you for all you do for our family! I don't know where I would be without our family... You guys mean everything to me! I sure miss you during this Christmas season, but I know this is where Heavenly Father needs me at this time. I'm so excited to get to talk with all of you on Christmas! I've been looking forward to it for a long time! To get to see your faces, and hear from you! :) Thanks for all your love and support while I've been out, it has meant the world to me. 

First of all, Merry Christmas!
Thank you for the update, it's fun to hear all the wonderful things you're doing! I'm so excited for Rachel! Footloose, how fun! :) You'll definitely have to video tape it, I have a feeling I'm going to have several home video's to catch up on when I get home, haha. I'm glad to hear the package made it to you safely. I got your packages as well! Thank you so much! I'm excited to open them Christmas morning, you are all so sweet! Thank you! That's so fun that you were able to Skype with the Jensen's! They are such a fun family, they live right next to us, and we get to see them frequently. I think in the future we just might have to set up Josh and Julia haha. So Josh broke his wrist, oh no! Now he's broken both, haha...  That was so sweet of Caleb to give him a snowboard. :) Now you've got a conversation starter with the girls right Josh? haha. Anyway, I'll definitely keep Aunt Linda in my prayers, it breaks my heart to see her going through so much... Could you send me her address? I loved your story about the cute  Megan Louise, I bet you made her entire day! :) 

Well, it's been another wonderful week! Miracles galore! We were able to meet two of Sue's children this week, her daughter Shannon- 18 joined us for Sue's new member lesson, she's been searching for truth, in Montana where she is attending college, she is part of a Christian youth group. She's grown up with Catholicism, and Catholic's believe that the spirit is created during conception here on Earth. The spirit bore strong testimony, as we read the description in True to the Faith about the Pre-Mortal Existence. That we had distinct personalities, likes, and developed talents before we came here. It was neat to me to think about those things which I enjoy.. Whenever I sketch, it just feels so natural, I can't help but think that may have been something I enjoyed before I came to this Earth. As we explained that she lived with her loving Heavenly Father, and that he presented his plan for her here on Earth, I just felt the spirit bear witness so strongly. Sue bore her testimony throughout the lesson, it's neat to see that fire in her as she shares. Yesterday, Sue's son Patrick was able to make it to church, he lives in Salt Lake City, it's neat to see the influences God places in lives... Nothing is there coincidentally. I'm so excited for the day when that family will get to dress in white and be sealed as together for time and eternity. That love and great vision of God's great plan for them is what brings so much joy throughout this work! I love being able to catch a glimpse of this. 

Other miracles this week, we've just had so many less actives that have been touched,  and want this joy for their whole family. Judi Marvin, who is working toward the temple had us over for dinner the other night, and her husband Ron who is not a member joined us. We shared a message from President Monson called "The Search for Jesus" Ron said he didn't really see the need for religion and that he was just fine where he was at and that Judi could participate in religion but he didn't care for it. As we spoke of how Christ's sacrifice allows us to be enabled to overcome any "Weakness, Sin, or Pain" the spirit came into the room. We bore testimony that through Christ we can be enabled in all things. I could tell that his heart was touched. I've seen so many changes in Judi, and I think he's really noticed that. I have a testimony that through Christ our natures really can be changed. It's been such a blessing to see this, coming out on this mission has been a very humbling experience, I've come to recognize my weakness, and I have to strive daily to overcome them. I've seen God's hand everyday, as I've put forth my effort, he has helped me so much! I'm so grateful for the Savior. 

As well, we've been working with a less active woman- Sister Erlene Pickett. Since my first transfer here we'd visited, we'd shared scriptures through the screen door, and her parents had given us the cold shoulder as we came to the door, they are both devout Lutheran. After quite some time, a miracle happened! After we were quite persistent, and we'd met her Mom Yvonne several times to ask if Erlene was there one day Erlene was there! Yvonne gladly said, "Well girls you finally caught her!" haha. Her husband Earl was there and we asked if we could share a message about Christ, we shared the message about his gospel and how it can change us. Yvonne started tearing up, the spirit had touched her heart, we've been back to see them a few times. They have really started warming up to us. 

I'm so grateful for this Christmas season, so many hearts have been touched and opened, Word's of President Monson have really touched my heart, In his talk "The Search for Jesus" 1990, he said
And when we find him, will we be prepared as were the wise men of old to provide gifts from our many treasures? They presented gold, frankincense, and myrrh. These are not the gifts Jesus asks of us. From the treasure of our hearts Jesus asks that we give of ourselves: “Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind.” (D&C 64:34.) I've been touched to see you all giving of yourselves, I remember hearing a talk once that said Love is really spelled T-I-M-E. :) I hope this year I can truly give of myself, and help others feel the joy of Christ. I'm so grateful for this time to reflect on Christ. It's touching to see that although God's son, he was born in a humble stable, that all people could come to him. I know Christ came for each and everyone of us, and every person we meet. I can only imagine seeing that sweet baby, and feeling of the great mission he would serve the world. God's only begotten son of the flesh... The prince of peace, the author of our Salvation. Knowing this, and looking at that sweet baby. 

I love you all so much! I'm grateful for each one of you and the light you bring into my life, I can't wait to talk to you in a few days! :) Merry Christmas!

Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark



The Maughan Family made Sarah and her companion Pajama pants for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment