Monday, December 15, 2014

Hello There Everyone!! :)

Thank you so much for your emails! I love hearing about each one of you and the experiences that you've had this year. Each one of you has grown so much, I feel like we've all been on a mission together. You all have such strong testimonies! Mom, thanks for sharing the story about Kylee's home coming talk, the story about the boy who carried his brother all the way to Winter Quarters made me cry... That's such an incredible story! The pioneers sure had a lot of faith... Dad, thanks for encouraging me to write more frequently in my journal. I am so grateful for the experiences I have written down.. I can definitely keep working on that.

I'm so glad Josh is having a blast with Choir. How fun- singing the anthem at the finals game! Oh, I miss those days of choir. Josh, those friends you have will stay with you all throughout the rest of your life. Choir is the best! :) Michael, that's wonderful you get to serve in your Deacon's quorum. I know that means so much to Anthon right now... I just love all of you. I don't know how I got so lucky to have each one of you in my life. <3

I am looking forward to seeing all of you in two weeks. :)

Well, It's been a great week! We saw so many miracles this week, and I have sure learned a lot. I've come to realize every day is full of lessons to learn. In church Sister Rockwood said, "We're not just here on Earth to grow old, wear out, and that's it." She shared Revelations 1:6 which says-  "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." We are here to learn, progress, and become like our Heavenly Father, and our Savior. As we do, we will receive the blessings of heaven.  I'm so thankful for my trials that have helped me continually re-evaluate my life, where I'm at, and what I can change. At our Zone Training this week, My Zone Leader Elder Hansen said, "Because of the gift of agency, you can be someone different than who you were 5 minutes ago." I'm so thankful for that. My mission has truly taught me that Heavenly Father doesn't expect immediate perfection, but he does expect immediate progression. I'm so thankful for the blessings of the atonement in my life. <3

This week, we have been working really hard to get member fellowship. We'd been calling the young men to come to lessons with Jed & Bishop, and Rayven. For the past 3-4 weeks, we tried 3-4 times a week to call each. We'd call the young men a week in advance, we set a time, and each and every time we had an appointment set, the young men couldn't make it. I felt like giving up, but Heavenly Father continued to help us exercise their faith in inviting them to come with us. After many weeks a miracle happened! Brother Benham the young men's leader and Sister Benham invited us for dinner, and said that we could bring who ever we'd like. Bishop and Jed were able to come, and Brother Benham really connected with them. Jed is aspiring to be in the military, and Brother Benham served in the military for quite some time. You could tell they both really respected him. We had a great lesson, and taught the Restoration again because it had been quite some time. We learned that they may be losing there home soon... They really have a hard life. As we bore testimony of Heavenly Father's love for them the spirit was overwhelming. I felt a very strong impression to share 

2 Nephi 2:2-3.
2 Nevertheless, Jacob (Jed), my firstborn in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain.

 3 Wherefore, thy soul shall be blessed, and thou shalt dwell safely with thy brother, Nephi; and thy days shall be spent in the service of thy God. Wherefore, I know that thou art redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer; for thou hast beheld that in the fulness of time he cometh to bring salvation unto men. 

Heavenly Father loves those boys so much! I really feel like Heavenly Father sent me to Plummer for Jed. We invited him again to be baptized because he'd fallen off date, due to working on Sundays to provide for his family. He is now on date for January 11th. I'm so excited for him!

Heavenly Father also blessed us with Rayven, we've also tried to get fellowship for the past several weeks. He was timid about staying all 3 hours, no matter what we said. This week he's been in our prayers very frequently. He gained the courage to stay all 3 hours this week! :) He hit it off really well with several of the young men. I saw them talking with him after young men's and I just felt so much joy!

I can see both of them serving missions one day. :) I imagine them becoming priesthood holders, and wonderful fathers. I know Heavenly Father has great things in store for them. :)

Other events of the week- Great ward Christmas party! Lot's of Non members, and Less Active members came! :) Rebecca the music teacher for the district who isn't a member came and sang for our Christmas program on Sunday and so many people reached out to her. She's a dry Mormon. :)

 I got to attend the departing dinner last night. We had a testimony meeting where we each got to share a turning point from our mission, I felt so much love for each of the missionaries there. Sister Ridge, Sister Reed, Piliami, Richardson, so many of my friends were there. <3 I am so thankful for each of them, they have changed my life.

I hope you have a wonderful week! I love all of you so much! :)

Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment