Monday, April 7, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

Great to hear from all of you! Glad to hear you had a great Spring Break! :) I loved the funny story about Andrew... Oh goodness haha! That was touching to hear about Rachel working with the cute ladies at the rest home. I bet they just love her! Rachel, you are going to be such a great nurse, you are so loving and compassionate. That sounds like a great field to go into.

I'm glad to hear you guys enjoyed conference! Mom, I loved what you wrote about conference, I think one of my favorite talks was Deiter F. Uchtdorf's too! It made me realize how many incredible blessings I have in my life. I'm excited to hear what you guys learn in "Preach My Gospel" each week. It's so beautifully written, and It's amazing that all of it has been approved and most has been written by the first presidency. I love Preach My Gospel! :) I've learned so much. That is one of my favorite parts of being a missionary is getting to study the Standard Works, preach my gospel, Conference Talks, its so wonderful to be able to start the day with scripture study. To have an hour to study, and then as a companionship we practice teaching, and study preach my gospel. Let me tell you, those are the fastest two hours of the day.... It's crazy! My love for the savior and my Heavenly Father grow stronger every day... 

Well, this week has been a great one! We had so many miracles! Chynna's Mom and best friend came into town this weekend, and she talked to her friend Katie who's LDS, and she told Chynna she knew she would decide to get baptized one day. She also talked to her Mom and it sounds like her heart is starting to soften towards Chynna's decision. Chynna told us last week that she's decided to be baptized in August due to wanting to have all her family come etc... I'm a little worried if she waits too long she'll forget the importance... So I keep praying that she'll decide to make the decision to be baptized earlier, because once the decision is made for someone to be baptized the adversary does all he can to sway and discourage people. When she is able to receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, I know it will bless her and help keep her strong. Thankfully she's almost been reading the Book of Mormon every day, and she prays continually and knows the Restored Gospel is true. After our lesson on Tuesday we encouraged her to bring her questions to conference, and promised her that through the spirit, and words spoken, her questions would be answered. As we had a lesson with her after the Sunday afternoon session she said all her questions had been answered. I was so thankful that the spirit and words spoken had touched her. 

Another miracle, Matt was able to come to conference and his questions were answered as well. It was amazing, as we listened to conference, I had written down the concerns of all of those we are teaching written down, and I was able to receive guidance and direction as to how I could help them. I also came into conference with lots of my questions, a list of about 6 concerns and questions and every single one of them was answered! I gained a stronger testimony that Heavenly Father is aware of me. 

I feel like miracles always happen after conference. We have been trying to contact a referral we received and we've tried his house over 5 times. We were about ready to give up. Then Sundaywe felt prompted to go try his apartment again. The information we received in the text said, "Media Referral- Daniel, met missionaries in the Spokane Library, he came up to them and wanted to meet with them. Told him they could find missionaries in his area." as we met him, I've never met someone so enthusiastic as we came to his door. He started telling us about he'd been to temple square, and he'd been by the temple in Ogden, and he wanted to know more! :) We are meeting with him on Tuesday! I'm so excited! :) 

Then the most incredible miracle happened yesterday... Sister Reed and I have been trying a less active couples home, we've probably tried their apartment over 7 times within the last transfer. To no avail did they come to the door. Last night we knocked on their door again. To our surprise a tall african american guy named Curtis answered the door- we were a little surprised.. He definitely wasn't related to the Spafford's. We talked to him about the gospel, and asked him if we could share a message later, he didn't seem very interested but was gracious. We left him with our card. Later that night we get a phone call from a girl named Dezi. She told us we'd tracted into her boyfriend's apartment, and that he had taken a picture of the Mormon.org card and texted her "Hey! Look who just stopped by. Haha" She saw our number on the card and called us. She told us her story and we couldn't believe it! She's been been dating him for quite some time, and she told us about how much she loves him and how much she wished that she knew how to contact the missionaries to let them know about Curtis. She really wants to him to have the gospel in his life, but knows she wants him to do this for himself and not just for her. So we'll be stopping by again this next week. :) Turns out he's lived there since July, so we have no idea how we still had that address on our directory. 

Favorite Scripture of the Week, John 14:21

 21 He that hath my commandments, and akeepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be bloved of my Father, and I will love him, and will cmanifest myself to him.

I know as we obey our Heavenly Father's commandments, we'll be able to feel God's love in our lives! I really saw Heavenly Father's hand in our work this week. I know Heavenly Father truly answers prayers. He is so aware of each and every one of us. I've come to learn that after the trials we have, then come the blessings. It's broken my heart to see the obstacles that everyone we teach is going through. I know that through the hard times, Heavenly Father showers us with tender mercies to help us through. 

I love you each so much! Hope you have a wonderful week! 

Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark 


No comments:

Post a Comment