Monday, April 21, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to write me, I sure love you guys! Mom, thanks for the fun Easter Package! It was so cute, Sister Reed, Rees, and Piliami loved the cute little treats too. They told me to tell you thank you so much! I told Chynna I would bring hers to her tonight! That was so thoughtful of you! Thank you so much for thinking of all of us! :) That was such a fun surprise! I especially loved the fun pictures this week! The one of Andrew flying the kite was adorable. I loved Rachel's dance pictures too, Looks like she had a great time! :) I'm glad Grandma had a good birthday. Sounds like you guys had a fun eventful week. :) 

I had a wonderful Easter too! This cute couple in the Stake Presidency- Brother and Sister Anderson invited us over for Easter Dinner- we had roast it was so good! It was so wonderful to be in their home. :) Elder Paul Christensen of the seventy came to speak at our stake conference. President Mullen asked him if he could speak to our zone on Sunday morning, so before stake conference we had a personal meeting with him! It was such a fun treat! He talked to us about how we were foreordained to come to this mission, and how Heavenly Father prepared us for the experiences that we would have. He talked about how this work is about reminding others of the gospel that they've already accepted once before. So in reality this is reminding work, as we share the gospel with people we remind others of Heavenly Father's plan that they've accepted once before.- Then he told us about the importance of the authority Heavenly Father has given us to teach, and what a gift it is- the mantle that we have- To be able to receive revelation to help those we have stewardship over.It's what has truly humbled me, throughout my mission recognizing what an important responsibility I have to help Heavenly Father's children make it back to him. I know each one of you are a part of that as well. :) You each have a circle of influence, the people you go to school with, the people you work with, etc... You can make such a big difference in this reminding work. 

Our Sunday Morning session of Stake Conference was the greatest day yet! Chynna, Kimmie, and Megan were able to make it to Stake Conference! (Megan- a girl we just started she's in her 30's, and she's legally blind, she was especially touched when we taught her that she could see her grandma again because of Jesus Christ.) They all came and sat with us, and I just felt so much love for each one of them. :) The greatest surprise of all! Keegan came with the Schofield's and he came and said hi to us! :) The conference was all about finding joy through turning outward, and it was all focused on Christ and his atonement. We were able to have a lesson with Chynna after the conference, and she told us about everything she had learned, she has come to love her savior so much. She asked us during our meeting, "What about all the mistakes I've made? So, I guess Jesus Christ covers that?" we were able to teach her about how there was a moment in the garden of Gethsemane when Christ thought of just her. How much he loved her, and how it made it worth it for him because he knew of the incredible potential she had. We told her that after she was baptized, her slate will be washed clean, and that she will get to start her life clean. She had tears in her eyes as we talked. I'm so grateful for the atonement, that it covers all of my mistakes, weaknesses, and the pain I go through. There's nothing we've felt that our savior hasn't. We invited her to repent daily. I love that the word repent simply means- change. As we change every day to align our will with God's will, that's when we truly become like our Savior- our perfect example. I'm so so so grateful for the atonement. For a new fresh start every week as I take the sacrament. 

This week had been difficult, Matt told us he'd prayed about the Book of Mormon, and all he could hear in his head was his own voice telling him he didn't want this yet. Then we had a miracle we were able to get in contact with Cody again- He's really been struggling. His Mom is very Anti- Mormon and she'd stayed with him this last week. So he was very discouraged... Nicole- from our ward asked us if we'd like to come visit him with her. We went with her, and she bore such a sweet testimony to him of God's love. We were able to share with him that as he reads his scriptures and prays, he can have the spirit- that it will give him strength to stay strong. Sunday he explained he wasn't ready to look into the gospel again... It's hard to see them reject these incredible blessings... Sister Reed and I want it for them so badly. I've just come to love both Matt and Cody so much... I know everything is in God's hands and that he has his time table. I know when the time is right they'll remember where to turn. They'll remember the spirit they felt, and remember that they were able to feel God's love. I'm glad we've been able to help them in their journey. 

Favorite verse of the week- Alma 36:24-25

24 Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto 
repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
25 Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors;
I know as we feel God's love for us, and share it with others we find so much happiness! :)

Well, I love each one of you so much! I hope you know that you have made such a difference in my life and I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for you. I hope you have a great week! 
Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark 

Captions

1098- Sister Piliami and Sister Clark writing letters last P-day! :) 

1103- Sisters having fun at Friday Forum. 






No comments:

Post a Comment