Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hola mi Familia, 

I can't wait Sister Strong and I get to go to the temple today! We get to go to the temple every other transfer, and it's our transfer to go! So our P-day switches to our temple day, so I get to email you today. 
The Spokane temple is so beautiful, I love the peace that the temple brings. It's truly a sanctuary away from the world. 

It sounds like you had an awesome week! Rachel your show looked awesome, and like a great success! :) I bet you did a fabulous job! You are so gorgeous, watch out for those guys alright? What a fun group , I saw several familiar faces. Rachel, even though you didn't get the sterling scholar, don't let it get you down. With how hard you've worked, I know it's going to bless you as you continue on with college classes, etc.. I wish I would've pushed myself harder in high school, it's so wonderful to see you doing so many great things with your life. You are still just as brilliant don't let that get you down. As I was looking at the pictures that Mom sent this week I couldn't help but giggle at Andrew's cute little face. He is a goof ball. :) haha. Josh and Michael are sure growing up and look so handsome! I still can't believe Rachel will be graduating this year, and Josh will be a highschool freshman next year, and Michael will be in Junior High... Where does the time go?! Dad, good luck with the interview! You will be in my prayers, they will be so lucky to have you on their team. I know Heavenly Father really needs you. It's amazing to see what a difference the gospel makes in people's lives. As you work for their site, I know it's going to bring so many people the gospel. What a great thing to do with your life! I'm proud of you Dad! :) Mom, thank you for sharing that incredible story from Stake Conference. It's neat to hear that serving the relief society sister's has helped heal you... That really touched my heart. 

To answer your questions, yes I'll be biking through the winter. Don't worry, in Preach my Gospel one of the guidelines is to have a member at every lesson. I think for the winter we will definitely be better at keeping that. It will be great motivation. haha. :) I think we'll be just fine. 

I was especially touched this week to here about the 10 missionaries in the Philippines who survived the tropical storm that hit. Brother Call, called us in to help teach his Sundayschool class and read the story, about how these Sister's had God with them. I know God watches out for us. It broke my heart, but what an incredible miracle that they are alright. 

Well, It's been a great week to be missionary! We've had so many miracles happen this week! :) 

In particular, there's a woman named Karen, she is such a sweet lady. She has had many obstacles taking over her life. Her grandson is strongly addicted to drugs, and she loves him and took him into her home. He then stole many of her valuable things, precious jewelry from her grandmother, her laptop, etc... Not to mention his friends have been lingering around her home. She doesn't feel safe in her own home... She lives alone, she told Jared he had lost the privilege to live in her home. She has had a hard life, she was bullied as a child. Her ex husband abused her. Karen has been through it all. She is a convert, but hasn't been to church in over 20 years. This week we started the lessons over, and invited her to make it a goal to get back to the temple. She gladly accepted. We felt prompted to invite her to receive a priesthood blessing, and have her home dedicated. We called Sister Cannon, a member in the relief society presidency and her husband to come give Karen a blessing. The next day we came with them. Brother Cannon gave her such a beautiful blessing, and after he did the spirit's presence was so strong. Brother and Sister Cannon both embraced Karen, and told her they were there for her if she needed anything. It was such an incredible moment. :) Karen had a light in her eyes. The next day we felt prompted to give Karen our conference ensign with a note and we told her we couldn't wait to see her at church. On Sunday as we were greeting the members as they walked in to the chapel, this beautiful woman all dressed up walked in just glowing! This woman was Karen, I almost started crying with joy. We have been visiting her since my first transfer, and she made it! Seconds later, by a miracle Brother and Sister Cannon walked in and wrapped their arms around her and invited her to sit with them. That Christ like love touched my heart. They did exactly what Christ would have done if he were here. Karen was just glowing, the light was re-kindled within her. It's amazing what an influence members have, never under estimate the power of friendship, As we reach out, and let people know we love and care about them miracles occur. 

Another favorite moment of mine was our lesson with Sue this week. Now that she is baptized she has the opportunity to go to the temple and perform Baptisms for the dead. She is the first member in her family, and has so many family members who need their work performed. I felt such a sweet peace, realizing that at this very moment, they are all cheering her on from the other side of the veil. It made me think of how many ancestor's and family members we have who've passed on, who are cheering us on. Our District leader Elder Smith sent us a beautiful passage of scripture to lift us. 

87 Behold, I send you out to areprove the world of all their unrighteous deeds, and to teach them of a judgment which is to come.
 88 And whoso areceiveth you, there I will be also, for I will gobbefore your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my cSpirit shall be in your hearts, and mine dangels round about you, to bear you up.
This applies to each one of us in our lives. We have angels helping us on this and the other side of the veil. We aren't alone. 

I'm so excited for Sue to have the opportunity to do the work for her family, and feel of the great peace of the temple. Her family has had many questions about the church, so we will be starting the new member lessons with them. :) So if you could keep Tom, Ana, and Kaity in your prayers that would be wonderful! It would be incredible to see them all make it to the temple together. 

With Thanksgiving coming up this week, I just want to say how thankful I am for my life, for each one of you and the blessing you are in my life, and for this great gospel. I'm grateful to live in this beautiful free country where we have religious freedom, and I'm grateful for all those who've sacrificed so that we can have this freedom. I'm grateful that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I'm thankful that God hasn't left us alone, and that we have a prophet through whom God leads and guides us. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ and his atonement, and that through it I can change, and become better each day. I'm thankful to have the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and his children, and for the joy of seeing light come into others lives. I'm grateful to be able to see God's hand in my life each day, I truly know he is there. 

I love each one of you so much! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :) 

Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark 



No comments:

Post a Comment