Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hey Everyone, 

Sorry this email is late. We didn't have time to email yesterday, and so we are just on our lunch break and are able to email today. Anyway, it was so good to hear from you guys! I loved the fun Halloween pictures! It looks like you guys had so much fun! Mom I just want to thank you for sending the oil, and Dad thank you for sending those vitamins, I took them this morning and I can already feel a difference. :) Thank you so much! Also, thank you for fasting for me, that was so sweet of you all. I am already starting to feel better. I was just struggling, because I couldn't make it through studies, I felt exhausted, and some nights I stay up thinking about those we teach and it's just been a struggle for me to get adequate rest. I was able to sleep well last night, and I'm so grateful for Christ and that if I hand these things to him, he will take care of the things I can't take care of. I've come to realize we can only do what is within our power to help guide, and then it is up to the person how they act. I have to trust Heavenly Father knows what is best for them. Anyway, thank you again, I was touched to hear you fasted for me and I can definitely feel the blessings of it. :) I'll get the results from the thyroid test in a few days, I've met several people with the same challenge, who are taking the medication and say it's made a world of difference! So I'll keep you posted. 

I'm so glad to hear you all had such a fun week! The primary program is always the best! I loved the story about Will's prayer, and cute Emily Cox. They are so close to the spirit, it's so sweet. Mom, I am amazed with all you do with your calling! They should get you a name tag. :) Sounds like you’re on a full time mission also! I'm so glad you have so many people helping and supporting you! We have such an incredible ward back home. It's amazing that with so much service, you really do feel true joy! The joy that comes through seeing the light and joy that comes into these people's lives... It's incredible! It's so neat that you are bringing Christ's light into those people's lives.  It was so touching to hear about Gwen and Myron, I'll keep them in my prayers, I loved all the stories you shared this week I was so touched by them... Also Mom, thank you so much for those addresses! :) I sure appreciate it! 

So Mom and Dad, do you remember how you had a dream that I'd speak Spanish on my mission? Well the other day on Halloween we went on exchanges with the Sister's and they only teach those who speak Spanish. I got to serve with Sister Taylor, it was difficult because not many people wanted to let us in because it was Halloween. Yet, so who knows, maybe as we go on more exchanges I'll get to use the little bit of Spanish I know. :) 

That's so neat Sister Demars was telling me she was able to send you a message! That's so neat! She is so wonderful, she came to almost every lesson we had with Sue. Sue's baptism was the most incredible day of my mission thus far! So many people came to support her, that we moved from the Relief Society room to the chapel! So many ward members came to support her the chapel was almost full! One of her best friends Sister Shauna Jo Larkin and her family came. Sue and Shauna have been friends for years, and Shauna's husband Tom Larkin baptized her. I was thrilled to see Sue's Husband Tom, and two of her children walk in the chapel doors to support her. Her beautiful daughters Kaity, and Anna were there. The spirit was incredibly strong! Sister Demars gave the talk on Baptism, She explained so beautifully about how we have the priesthood authority on this earth because of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith. She spoke of what a gift it is that Brother Larkin can trace his priesthood back to Jesus Christ, and that is is that same authority we have here on Earth today. She explained that in Matthew 3:15 Christ who was perfect was baptized to fulfill all righteousness, and that as we are baptized we follow in his steps. After her talk, we all walked over relief society room where the font was located, beautiful soft hymns were played as everyone entered . Sue was just glowing and exuding with joy! She looked so beautiful all in white. As she came out of the water, she was smiling. :) I was filled with emotion... The spirit was so strong! As we waited in the chapel we played Mormon Messages, about the Atonement and Christ. As she came back in Brother and Sister Demars, Thurber, and a few other ward members sang "Come Thou Fount." then Sister Larkin spoke on The Holy Ghost, and how it is our constant guide throughout life. What touched me is that she spoke of how all those who are righteous and seek the truth have the influence of the spirit to guide them to truth, yet to have the constant companionship of the Spirit is so beautiful and the greatest gift we receive. We went to her home after for dinner, and Tom and the girls were so kind, gracious and friendly. It was just so neat to see how supportive they are. 

Sue was confirmed yesterday in church, and she got up to bear her testimony, and I really think her family was touched. She said in her testimony- "I told the Lord, I would go where he wanted me to go. This is where he led me, I know I am in the right place." :) Her family came to church as well. So this weekend was so wonderful. It's neat to see Sue as the matriarch of her home have the joy of the gospel in her life, and I just feel she is really going to touch her family and bring the spirit into that home, and hopefully her family will see that change and want it for themselves as well! :) We are really praying for them right now. 

I really have a testimony of fasting, it was right after the 40 day fast that we met Sue. I feel like this is the start to a chain reaction of miracles. I think the ward has really been touched to see this joy come into Sue's life. I feel I've learned so much from Sue. She has so much humility and is so trusting in God. During each lesson, she was willing to sacrifice to be exactly obedient. I heard a quote I absolutely love! "Obedience brings blessings, Exact obedience brings miracles." That is the only thing we have control over in our lives is our own obedience. It's so interesting to see that if we take the road less traveled by, the road that to the world is hidden and not seen as the way to joy. As we take time out to read our scriptures and receive that guidance from God, and pray to him, to ask him for that strength. He will bless us. Miracles will happen. I know as we do those simple things daily, miracles will happen. :) It's amazing that as we live these heavenly laws, (Loving Guidelines for true joy) we receive Heavenly Blessings. I've come to learn that as we push ourselves out of our comfort zones, we will see great things happen. :) 

I love you all so much, Hope you have a wonderful week! 


Love Always, Sister Sarah Clark 





No comments:

Post a Comment