Monday, November 3, 2014

Hey There Everyone! 

From the pictures, it looks like you guys all had such a fun week! :) Oh my goodness, Emily's little twins are so stinkin cute! Michael the Viking, Josh the Egyptian, Andrew the Angry Bird, Rachel the... Dark Fairy, Mom the Geisha, and Dad the Cowboy? The Dream Team! haha ;) Oh, it's so fun to see everyone! It sounds like all of you had a great week! 

I actually wore a costume for Halloween as well. See if you can guess what my costume was.

 We went over to the Barrett's home in Coeur D'Alene, we have lots of branch members there. They have this gorgeous home, full of European art, Brass rubbings, etc... We were helping Sister Barrett finish cooking and she looked right at Sister Larsen, and she said, "Sister Clark, would you hand me that bowl?" I said, "Sure!" and handed it to her. She looked very confused, then she started laughing. Her husband and the Morefields couldn't figure out what was so funny. Then by the end of the night they all figured it out. I'm sure you guessed it, we switched name tags. :) 

Snow College?
I've been praying about it this week, and also had the opportunity to fast, and I feel peace about it. I'm so excited to get to spend a semester with Rachel! I think it will be a perfect transition. Thank you for following the spirit, I know Heavenly Father answered my prayers through all of you. Mom, thank you for taking all that time to get me registered. 


Miracles of the Week 
1.Linda got a priesthood blessing- because she's been sick. It was such a powerful experience. 
2. The Rockwood's are the sweetest people in the world. Joe had been kicked off his property by the tribe because he's now a member of the church, and his wife who was native passed away, and you lose all your rights if your native spouse passes on. Joe is now living with some members, and has a car! :) I'm so happy for him. 
3.We met two great potentials- Sherrie, and Rayven that we'll be teaching this week. 
4.Our less active Frank is starting to read the Book of Mormon.
5. Linda's Husband Lloyd had a huge miracle, he'd had a blood clot, but after returning again, they didn't see any sign of it again! :) 
6. Sue invited me to come with her to receive her endowments on November 8th. I am so excited for her!

New Favorite Mormon Message- You Never Know 

So many miracles this week. <3 My Favorite's of the Week

Seeing Ray again!

This week I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister Ellis, she just came out on her mission. She's from Tennessee, and was baptized just this last year. She had a "friend" :) throughout the years who was a member, and he invited her to come to church with him. He would go to her church, and she would go to his. Eventually she started asking him all these questions. He said, the missionaries can answer those questions better then I can. The rest is history. :) Her "Friend" Josh is serving a mission in New York, they have such a sweet love story. 

On our exchange- the night of Halloween, I went up to Post Falls. That night she told me about their investigator Ray. Then she said, "Oh! You're the one who met him and taught him for the first time with Sister Nally." We had met Ray in a trailor park, and he was a very devout member of the church of Christ. He had asked us many deep doctrinal questions, trying to cross us in our words. We began to teach the Restoration, and his heart softened. Sister Ellis told me he's now preparing for baptism, and I was so excited to get to teach him again. As Sister Ellis and I went to teach him, his whole countenance had changed since the last time we'd talked. He had more light in his eyes, he seemed so much happier. As we taught the law of Tithing, he was excited to be able to contribute to build Heavenly Father's Kingdom. He asked me to pray at the beginning and end of the lesson- it was so sweet. I was so thankful to get to see him again! :) 

After we taught that lesson, I realized how much my testimony of paying tithing has grown.

Lisa is starting to join us for the lessons. :) 

This week we had an incredible lesson with Jed and Lisa. Lisa actually sat in for the first time! She has such a strong desire to know the truth. As we told her she was literally a daughter of her Heavenly Father- The spirit touched her heart. She asked why we aren't given any remembrance of the life before this, and how we were to know God's plan. We explained how God has called Prophets to be his steward's here on the Earth. That God through them, also called missionaries, so that people could come to know these precious truths. There were so many moments where you could tell how much this knowledge deeply touched her. She asked in worry about her mistakes, would God forgive her? How did she know if her repentance had been accepted? We taught her the doctrine of baptism by someone holding the authority of God. 

We explained Christ's invitation to follow him and shared- 3 Nephi 9: 13-15

 13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

 14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

15 Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.

As we invited her to be baptized, tears streamed down her cheeks. She felt her Savior's love. I know the Savior has the power to heal broken hearts. 

I love all of you so much and hope you have a wonderful week! 

Much Love, Sister Sarah Clark 

Picture Captions

874- R.S. Lunch with Victoria.

907- Halloween Dinner With the Barretts. 

819- Sticky Noting Joe's door. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment