Monday, August 25, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to email me! :) Sounds like you all had an eventful week! Andrew Happy Late Birthday! (You should be getting something in the mail soon here) I can't believe you're 4 years old now! It looks like you had a fun birthday party at Cherry Hill. :) Josh- it looks like your eagle project was a big success! It's touching to think of how many kids you're going to help. I can't believe you'll have your eagle! Congratulations- I'm so proud of you- it sounds like a  lot of hard work. Rachel, it was sure fun to get your email- and hear about all of your college adventures. Oh, Freshman year is definitely the best! I'm so happy for you. It was fun to see Brandon's homecoming picture, and see that Natalie was able to go through the temple. So much happened this week, I can't believe it! :) Dad, I'll be praying for you as you're deciding which direction to go. I know He has great plans for you- I'm excited to see where He takes you! Mom, thank you so much for the letter, & money- you're so sweet. We're going to go pick up the package after we email. That's so sweet of you. :) 

Well, It's been such a wonderful week. It's all gone by so fast! I feel like the weeks out here keep going more and more quickly! This week so much happened! 

People We are Teaching

It's such a blessing we get to teach all the time here in Plummer. We are teaching so many people. We are teaching a sweet woman named Linda, she's about in her 60's and about 20 or so years ago she went to church for 2 years, but never was baptized and has always wanted to know more. Sister Ridge met her at Plummer Days a few weeks ago. We went over this week to teach her, and she's been reading the Book of Mormon, and she says she feels a special spirit when she reads. She knows it’s true! :) She's so sweet, she had us over for dinner this last week, and I just feel this special connection to her. 

We had an amazing miracle this week. We were going to Tensed, and we were stopping by to see a less active member. We both had a feeling that Heavenly Father wanted us somewhere else, as we walked around the block we heard people talking, and went to go meet them. We met two women Kathy and Tori. Kathy has a cute little family- and Tori is a good friend of hers. They were just out chatting on the lawn. We starting talking to them about how the gospel blesses families, and shared Helaman 5:12. They both bore testimony that they believed building that foundation on Christ could bless them. We talked to them about meeting to share that message. Then we asked who they knew that needed this knowledge. Tori, told us about her son who really wants to change his life around, and has been going through a hard time. She told us he works at an expresso shop on the main street. We went to meet him, and he was so open. (don't worry we only bought muffins ;) ) haha. We gave him 3 Nephi 17 about miracles. We followed up yesterday, and he'd read! He said he has lots of questions, but he doesn't doubt that it's from God. It was sweet as we asked who he knew that could be blessed by our message- he referred us to his mom Tori- who is struggling with Health challenges. Kathy and Tori- told us about 5 different families to go see. I know that Heavenly Father truly guided us to them. It was an incredible experience. 

Other people were teaching- Nick- who works at the fire station. The fire chief- Brother Cuthbert, knew Nick before he was hired. Nick said he felt like he was missing something in his life, Brother Cuthbert said- "Well, I'll get you a job at the fire station." Nick gladly accepted. Nick later said, well I am happier, but I still feel like there's something you have that I'm missing. A week later, Nick came to church with Brother Cuthbert. He felt the spirit and started meeting with us. 

Chynna's Baptism <3

I was so grateful this week that I was able to go to Chynna's baptism. It was such a sweet experience. As I walked into the chapel, I saw Chynna so beautiful all dressed in white- she came and gave me a huge hug, and she started crying. I just love her! I really feel like we must have been friends in the life before this. I was able to stand on the steps, as she walked down into the water, the spirit was so strong as she was taking that step toward returning to her Heavenly Father. When Christ was baptized, and Heavenly Father said, "This is my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." I know in Heaven he was saying, "This is my beloved daughter in whom I am well pleased." what an incredible blessing baptism is, that we are able to be made clean from all our sins. I'm so grateful for the sacrament, I know when we take it, it's just as though we are baptized again. It was so sweet Chynna's Aunt Marianne, who isn't a member of the church, gave Chynna a beautiful new set of scriptures with her name engraved on them. Her Mom, and all of her aunts and uncles came. It was a day I'll never forget. I'm so happy for her! 

Things I've Learned this Week 

Elder Johnson of the 70 came and spoke to us this week and something he said really stayed with me. He said, of all the qualities of our Heavenly Father- I believe the one he finds most joy in is that of being merciful and forgiving. It gives him so much joy to see us progress. :) What has really stood out to me this week in my scripture study- is that true joy comes only in repentance. I've been reading in Alma, and in Chapter 26 first he talks about the joy of the Glory of God in 

v16)  16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

Then he talks about why they love God so much, and why this joy has come into their lives

v21) 21 And now behold, my brethren, what natural man is there that knoweth these things? I say unto you, there is none that knoweth these things, save it be the penitent.

I'm so grateful for the atonement in my life, as I've tried to be better each day, I've felt so much joy! I'm so grateful for my merciful Heavenly Father, and loving Savior. The gospel is true! :) 

I love all of you so much! I hope you have a wonderful week! 

Much Love, Sister Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment