Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hey Everyone! 

Thanks so much for your emails! It was fun to hear about your week! Looks like Rachel had a great time with her show! I can totally see her performing one day at Pickelville Playhouse! :) Rachel, one day I'll get to see you perform! Rach, sorry you're not feeling well... I hope you still have a wonderful birthday! :) I can't believe you're 18! Where does the time go... Mom, thanks for sharing all those neat stories about Grandpa Adair, I'm excited to meet him one day. That story about Andrew was so funny... Oh, he sounds like a character. haha.... I didn't know that story you told about me and the picture of Christ, oh... Kids haha. Well, I'm glad you all had such a fun week! I loved the cute pictures this week, It's fun to know what's going on! :) 

To answer your question about going to the doctor, I just kept constantly having migraines, and insomnia. I was feeling so terrible about myself, because it was very difficult for me to always be obedient, during studies I would get nausea and a migraine would come on, so I'd have to go lay down. Day after day, I've prayed to Heavenly Father asking him for the strength to be obedient. I felt I wasn't worthy of the spirit, even just laying down for a few minutes to feel better. I was losing confidence in myself because we are promised the spirit to testify as we are obedient. I talked to Sister Mullen during our interviews this last week and she told me that it was the adversary that was telling me I was unworthy, not Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father loves us deeply and understands our struggles. I felt the spirit as she spoke those words. She told me that he knows the intent of my heart and how hard I'm trying.  After I received a priesthood blessing a few weeks ago, I was counseled that as I went to the doctor, and that the doctor through the spirit could help me find a solution, so that I could be healed. When we talked to Bishop Boydston the other week, I learned that he is a P.A. I felt prompted to ask him if he knew a good doctor. He listed two names, when he mentioned Dr. Hall's name I felt the spirit that he was the one I should see. We went in to his office, and as I told him about how I had constantly been struggling, and as I received the priesthood blessing, and told him the words Elder Church had said, I felt the spirit, and tears came to my eyes. He asked several questions, and it lead up to my sleep pattern. I have never gotten very deep sleep. He was able to give me a sleep aid, and I have been feeling so much better. I'm so grateful that I was able to go to a physician who had the spirit with him, because I know Heavenly Father truly knew what could help me. It was a neat experience. I was also able to talk to Sister Reed about everything and I was able to feel so much peace, I haven't cried for 8 months, and I was able to recognize that it's okay to feel, and it's okay to cry. Everything is okay, I just needed to talk about some of my worries, and such. I'm so grateful for Sister Reed she's wonderful!

Well with mission life, It's the best of times, it's the worst of times... Our hearts were broken this week as we received a letter from Keegan's Dad, stating that if we were ever to talk to Keegan again, we would be sued. Since Keegan has Aspergers syndrome they are his legal guardians. I felt like crying...We showed Keegan the letter, and tears came to his eyes... He told us he had never felt that we had pressured him, he thanked us for everything. It felt like letting a child go... I feel like he's my brother, he's been bullied, and is going through so much, he needs the gospel... At least the members can still invite him to activities. At least we were able to share that he can find peace through prayer and through the scriptures... It broke my heart... Poor Keegan.. 

Well, Heavenly Father is definitely hastening his work! :) This week I was able to see Heavenly Father's hand in everything! We had a lesson with Matt, and he hadn't received an answer to his fast, as we talked about what he did during his fast he mentioned that he'd been too scared to pray for an answer because he was afraid it was all going to be true. We asked him questions to see what his intent was, we asked him what was most important to him in life, and what his goals and aspirations were. It all came down to one thing, his love for his family and future family, and desire for their happiness. We told him that that was what the gospel is all about, to bless families, and bring them true joy! He said he wanted to wait until he was older to start going to church. We told him the longer he waited, the longer he'd miss out on blessings, that Heavenly Father was just waiting to answer him, and that he was just waiting to bless him. We learned that his Mom is a less active member, and he told us he really wants to marry a "Mormon girl" and he would love for her to raise their kids "Mormon" funny right? He's been reading the Koran, and he listed off about 5 other religious books, he's been searching for a long time. We taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and when he learned about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ visiting Joseph Smith, the spirit was in the room testifying so powerfully, he kept saying.. "That makes sense.. That makes sense..." So I think once Matt gets the courage to ask Heavenly Father if these things are true, he'll get his answer. 

Another neat miracle, all of Chynna's family are okay! :) She fasted for them last week, and Heavenly Father blessed her for that sacrifice... Last Sunday, she had a priesthood blessing and told us that she now has a testimony that the priesthood is here on the Earth. She explained to us that it was even more powerful than she had imagined. We had a lesson with her and a couple from our married ward- The Walker's invited her over. We taught her about Prophets, and we were able to share segments from President Monson's talk "We never walk alone" As we watched it- I felt that those words were just for her. :) Afterwards Chynna came to a lesson with us at a less active couple's home. We taught the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and she bore testimony that she knew that Joseph Smith was a prophet, because she had had a blessing, and felt peace, and knew that the words spoken weren't just from Michael (who gave her the blessing) but that they were words from her Heavenly Father. It was so touching to here her share her testimony. I'm so excited for her to get baptized! :) She's incredible! 

Well, I love you all so much! Hope you have a great week! :) Thanks for your prayers, love and support! I love you all so much! 

Much Love, Sister Sarah Clark 


Picture caption: Sister Reed, Clark, Rasmusson, Rees :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment