Monday, October 21, 2013

Hey Everyone, 

It sounds like you've had a busy week. You guys are amazing with all you do! I have to tell you, I always read all of your emails, and I love hearing from each one of you! I am so sorry I haven't responded to them all... I feel so bad. We don't have much time to email or write on P-Day, We do our regular studies in the morning till 10:30, grocery shopping, cleaning the apartment, laundry, etc... Our P-day ends at 5 o'clock. So I just want to tell you how much I do love hearing from each of you and know that I love all of you so much! I'm going to try to get on top of things. Anyway, poor little Andrew, that broke my heart to see his little bruised face...Poor Michael too... That was so cute to hear that Andrew he said he missed me. :) That just made my whole day! I sure miss you guys as well. Anyway, Mom that's so neat you've had so many tender mercies. I bet the women in the ward are so grateful to have you as their relief society president, that really is a mission in itself! You amaze me! :) That's so fun Rachel asked Dallin to the dance. What are they going to go as? Bless her heart, the ACT, and the dance on the same day? Go Rachel you are gung ho! haha :) I'm so excited for you, the Halloween dance was always my favorite. :) It sure looks like you guys had a fun time at Wolf Creek! Washington actually looks quite similar to Wolf creek. The fall leaves are just gorgeous here! I love the scenery here, it's so beautiful! Dad, I'm still praying for you every day. I really feel working for the church would be incredible and that the Lord could really use your help. I'll keep you in my prayers, that is a pretty big decision. I'm sure proud of you for all that you've done with the non profit, and how you've done so much for the Lord with your talents. 

So I want to hear, What's everyone going to be for Halloween? Keep me posted on who you invite over, or to an activity, that's so neat! I know you guys are going to bless so many lives through your missionary work. Do you have Elders or Sisters? 

This week, I got really sick, I couldn't get out of bed I felt like crying... I had a really bad cold, and I was afraid it would keep me out of order for most of the week. Sister Strong went on splits with Sisters in the Belle Terre ward, and she called the relief society president and asked if I could stay at her home. I felt bad I didn't want to expose them to whatever I had. I had been around people with pnuemonia, and the flu... So I was a little worried. Sister Woolf had a guest bedroom that she let me stay in and she was so sweet, every hour she brought something in to me. Ginger Ale, Popcicle, an Ensign, she even came in and told me stories. She's such a sweetheart. I had time to just read the Book of Mormon all day, and I felt my heart was filled. I read Helaman chapter 5, and it's the most powerful chapter! You'll have to read it! :) Brother Woolf and Spear came to give me a blessing, and the next day I was fully recovered, it was such a tender mercy. It's amazing that Heavenly Father helps us feel his love through people. This ward is amazing. I'm so grateful. 

We really have just had an amazing week! Yesterday was probably one of the happiest days of my life. Sue came to church in our ward for the first time, and everyone was so warm and welcoming to her. She has been struggling this past week, she went back to work this week and she was still weak from her surgery. It's been hard because her family knows of her decision to join the church but they don't fully support her. She's been having some scary spiritual attacks from the adversary... It broke my heart to hear. She was thinking about postponing the lessons for awhile. We sent her chapters of the Book of Mormon each day and it really helped her gain strength. We offered that she could receive a priesthood blessing and she agreed that, that would help her. Right after church Bishop Clark gave her a blessing, and it was the most touching blessing I've ever heard. It's been incredible to see her grow and progress. She's so incredible, after we taught her the word of wisdom, she agreed right then and there to stop drinking coffee and tea. After we taught fasting, she fasted that Sunday although she'd just had surgery. She's so humble and willing to submit to God's will for her. We are so excited for her, she's going to be baptized on November 2nd!!! :) I was so touched to hear Rachel had been praying she'd gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon, I really feel the scriptures have helped her incredibly! 

Another miracle, a less active family we teach- The Willis Family, have been trying to make it back to church since my first transfer. The Grandmother, and Mother work at Walmart and have had to work on Sundays. We encouraged them time and time again to see if they could get Sunday's off. The Grandmother Margie was able to get Sunday's off work! It's taken a long time, but she has it in print! She took her 3 grand children to church, I felt so emotional as I saw them all dressed up. They made it back. :) They were all so excited to be there! We are teaching Sister Willis the lessons again so she can make it to the temple! That was such a miracle, I am so happy for them. 

Lily was able to make it to church with her friend Alex, and Sister Skinfill invited two of her non member friends Michelle, and Sandy to church. She met them through driving her son to school. It was so neat she boar her testimony to us that the Lord had put Michelle and Sandy in her path. We were able to take Michelle on a church tour the night before, and it was so neat, she grew up in the Baptist church and has been through so much and said she wants to re-dedicate her life to the Lord. As we sat in the chapel, over and over she kept saying- "this feels good, this feels good. I feel like this is where I'm supposed to be." Not to mention Sister Marvin who's working to make it back to the temple came to church too. It was such a great day, I was so emotionally exhausted because of the incredible day we had! 

We got transfer calls last night, and Sister Strong and I both get to serve another transfer in the Evergreen ward! We are so happy! We love the people, and we are gaining the trust of the ward, and the work is just moving forward. So many miracles are happening! I absolutely love being a missionary! :) 

Anyway, Love you guys so much! Hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks again for praying for those Sister Strong and I are teaching, and thank you for praying for us too! We feel your prayers every day. 

Love Always, 

Sister Sarah Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment