Monday, September 9, 2013

Hey Everyone, 

I'm only have a few minutes to email today... Thanks so much for your emails! I sure appreciate them, and love that I get to hear from you guys! 
I'm glad to hear all is going well! 

So funny joke of the week for you guys...

There was a little 8 year old boy who was going to be baptized on the same day as 6 other children. This little boy said he wanted to be baptized, but only if he could go first. His parents explained, that they couldn't control the order, and that he might have to be alright with going 4th or 5th. They asked him why he was so concerned and he said that he didn't want to get the other kids sins on him. (haha, get it? As your sins are washed away) Our relief society president Sister Woolf told us that joke, and I got a good laugh out of it. :) 

Anyway, this week has been an adventure! I'm slightly torn, transfers happen tomorrow and Sister Knowlton is going to Terrace View. I'm sure going to miss her! She's been such a wonderful trainer. I'm staying in the Evergreen Ward, and my new companion will be Sister Strong. Everyone says she's awesome, so I can't wait to meet her! I love the Evergreen Ward, I'm glad to stay. 

So this week a particular scripture that has touched me is in Mosiah 24: 13- 15
13 And it acame to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand asbwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord didastrengthen them that they could bear up their bburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the will of the Lord.
I love this scripture, I think it's amazing that the Lord can lighten our burdens, that even we can't feel them upon our backs. I think he can truly help us feel joy through anything. He can help us find joy in homework, work, etc... As long as we rely on him, and ask him for that help. Even though as missionaries we get rejected often, that is when Sister Knowlton and I have learned to rely on the Lord. I've learned the secret is to keep a good sense of humor, and look for the good in each day. The other day we both got the stomach flu, so instead of complaining we used that time to catch up on training, and then we watched these funny 80's bible video's and even though we were both so sick we were laughing and I felt our pain was eased. 

Anyway, I'm so sorry I can't write more... We were out running errands, and we just had a family call us and tell us we have a dinner appointment in a few minutes... 

Well, I love you guys so much! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Love Always, 

Sister Sarah Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment